• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to make inflatable tires, air filled tires on beadlocks

_RCMechanic_

Belgium, building RC's or searching for trails
This thread is about a method I came up with for making tires on beadlocks inflatable. No need for sealed tires at a constant presure to keep the water out and the foams dry.

This method allows you to change your tire presure out on the trail and it should work on a lot of beadlocks.You're also no longer limited to what's already avaible for running air filled tires "thumbsup"

Here is a vid I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GJm90S46c

Hope this helps some people! Please share this video if it did.

Pretty decent "write-up" you have going there. Something that I thought about after watching, though, was maybe instead of using wire sheathing, you could use fuel tubing. Seems like it would work the same and it's maybe a little easier to deal with as opposed to having to pull wire from it's protective covering. Otherwise, it's a pretty creative way to eliminate foams, which not only would as you say allow the tire to conform more to rocks, etc., but would offer up a little weight savings, too.

Pretty decent "write-up" you have going there. Something that I thought about after watching, though, was maybe instead of using wire sheathing, you could use fuel tubing. Seems like it would work the same and it's maybe a little easier to deal with as opposed to having to pull wire from it's protective covering. Otherwise, it's a pretty creative way to eliminate foams, which not only would as you say allow the tire to conform more to rocks, etc., but would offer up a little weight savings, too.

Thanks, I'm asuming you mean nitro fuel tubing? If so it would indeed make it a bit easier. Now that I've read your post I realized I had some leftovers but they're bright blue and transparent.
By the way, in the video I drilled the seals but I think you should really be able to find seals that have a hole already. Just like using fuel tubing that would make this a little easier.

Back