• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How do I know if the shifting micro servo is Dying or the tqi transmitter is faulty

Hello !

Thought I would ask in this part of the forum. Trailing around today with my defender on my way back I noticed that I was stuck in 2nd gear.

After further inspection when hitting the 2nd speed button on the transmitter the micro servo was acting all funny emitting buzzing sound and clicking.

I do have a Hobbywing fusion but it’s set at 6v and the other two micro servo for diff locking are working fine.

It looks like the 2speed micro servo is dead but I’m no expert. Since the input from the transmitter is “working” I can just go ahead and replace the micro servo ? I did unplug/plug it back in the reciever but no dice.

Sorry if this sound funny and not clear, I’m new in the hobby.

Sounds like a burnt servo. It's common thing with these micro servos. You can try unmounting the shift rod from the servo, just to eliminate that there is no binding in the transmission.

Power HD makes some cheaper alternatives.

Thanks for the reply. I did remove the rod but yep looks the micro servo fried somehow. I took your advice and looked up the power hd tr4. I see that traxxas offer another micro servo but it’s twice the price. A black one TRX2065R.

Thanks for the reply. I did remove the rod but yep looks the micro servo fried somehow. I took your advice and looked up the power hd tr4. I see that traxxas offer another micro servo but it’s twice the price. A black one TRX2065R.

I wouldn’t buy any Traxxas crawler electronics, especially micro servos. Just too much of a risk IMO. Go with that powerHD or this EcoPower servo: https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopow...digital-sub-micro-servo-trx4-ecp-640t/p859667

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gray micro servo has metal gears, thus the difference in pricing. The Power HD ones also come with metal gears, but it's half the price and they seem to last at least as long as the Traxxas ones.

I wouldn’t buy any Traxxas crawler electronics, especially micro servos. Just too much of a risk IMO. Go with that powerHD or this EcoPower servo: https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopow...digital-sub-micro-servo-trx4-ecp-640t/p859667

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t buy any Traxxas crawler electronics

and to add to that

so not to quote snl here but just i case you dident get the point

Back