• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How difficult would setting up a Defender 90/110 Body on the TF2 Chassis be?

Ghost Koi

Pebble Pounder
Hey guys,

I am starting to grow in confidence and would like to move away from the RTR bodies that I have been playing with. Of course, this has led me to consider the RC4WD Gelande series and, specifically, the Defender 90/110 and the FJ40 Cruiser.

How difficult would either of these be to setup on a TF2 Chassis. I am not necessarily looking for a direct fit but it should be at least somewhat reasonable. Has anyone tried this before?

What are your experiences?

It would be a lot of effort for questionable gain. The D90 WB is 1/2" shorter than the TF2 at 10.8", and the body is even shorter. To get the D90 body to fit, you'd have to shorten the TF2 chassis and adjust the wheelbase. The D110 WB is 1.7" longer at 13" and would require lengthening both wheelbase and chassis considerably to accommodate the new body. My suggestion would be go with the D90, D110 or Cruiser kit. They are all fun builds, and there are a ton of options for personalizing them to make them your own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What that guy said lol. Leafing a Gelande 2 chassis would be easier than trying to make a body fit a chassis with a different wheelbase. The Gelande 2 kit is also an amazing platform. I love mine. The Cruiser body is the cat's pajama's as far as I'm concerned! Detail is unparalleled!

Back