• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How can i reduce my torque steer?

Tom94offroaduk

Pebble Pounder
hi, my crawler suffers realy bad from torque twist. will moving link's and shocks help overcome this problem, if so where to move them? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
SDC11653.jpg

what i have learned is that you should raise and spread out the rear links if you want more info go to the creeper section and look throught RMD's tips and tricks thread

as for shocks what ever corner is lifting take that shock and make it stiff and the oppoesste side rear shock stiffer to try to push that side down more

A couple of things you can do to combat TT:

Thicker shock oil. Recommend 50wt on three of the shocks and 90wt on the side of the front axle that is lifting.

Preload the rear shocks.

That doesnt look like torque twist, that is axle steer. Axle steer is when the axles are not parallel with one another when articulated. Most setups will have some axle steer but that is bad.

It looks like you dont have enough triangulation in your links. The lower links should be mounted more inboard, looks like they are on the outside of the chassis plates now.

Yours are like this I \/ I
They should be more like this /\/\

You got a picture of the links from the top or the bottom with the body and everything else out of the way?

hum

im running my linck like said above triangled .My lincks are four lincked.and im running soft shocks try and put your top lincks opposite of one another on the 4 linck plate.im also running over under drive gears that help a lot going forward.

Last edited:
thanks,, ive now moved my lower links as you said, it's a little better now. "thumbsup",, im thinking of buying some upgraded parts though, such as axial bent links,;-)

ive heard mirroring the tranny helps, though i havnt tried it. i run 50 weight oil and a stiffer spring on the left rear, but i also have a ton of weight in the front wheels

Back