• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Holy Sh*t Wraith!! Im in love!

RockDrifter

Quarry Creeper
So to follow up the title of my post.

I've had my Kit build Wraith for a few months now and i havent had a R/C give me so much fun. The pay to play rule applies in every aspect of this hobby but the Wraith is the best all around kit i have ever built!

DSC_1590.jpg

Specs
Kit build
Mamba Max Pro
Tekin Pro4 3300kv
32p 14/62
Gear Science lube
Chaotic Crawlers Titanium Links Ups n' Lows
VP Tie and Drag
DNA beads
rtr lights
Losi crawler shocks w/ golds
20w Front 35w Rear
4pl
RC4WD MT TTC's
Had 4WS and im not HOT on it. But i have it.

Deceased Electronics
Tamiya silver can 27t
Integy 35t
Integy V11 35t
Epic 27t
7954 sh
FXR cap

all of these electronics crapped out before anything broke on the Wraith!!

DSC_1588.jpg

DSC_1591.jpg

DSC_1597.jpg

New to the BL setup with a crawler/rock racer. But this setup is down right snappy. Gobs of torque. GOBS. Top end is almost too fast for how topple happy this rig is but its very manageable. The Drag brake is OUTTA control!

LOL i thought to myself Castles option for Crawler Drag Brake at 213% would definitely be toooo much. So i set it at 100%. HA! way to much! let go of the throttle and BAM its on its lid.

W/O the Castle Link or the Field programmer you can only manually set the MMP to 40% Drag Brake. I have ran it 2 packs this way and its a blast for bashing. Not so hot on Crawling.

Im gonna set it to 75% and give that a go. I want the Creeeeeep but not a full lock unless i use the brakes.

to jump around a bit. I run this rig FAT. RTR weight is well over 7lbs. Haven't taken the time to put it on the scale. Very different from my Full Carbon Chaotic Special XR, coming in at 5lbs even stevens. funny how 2 lbs changes things.

I like like rig heavy. makes it VERY stable. Most of my Driving is KoH style and i have become a fan of having this rig slammed. low and wide has been on my side with this truck.

No after market parts used to get it low. Just flipped the rear towers and use soft n supple Losi Suspension components.

I really need some sway bars with the speeds this pig can get up to now. Gonna get some carbon shapes going and find some stiff metal stock to thread through the frame. If all else fails on the adventure ill just run some link stabilizers TXT style.

Some things that need attention due to the BL swap.

Drive lines! MIP's!
Trans gears.... HR all metal? loud?
RR idler
SuperShafty top shaft
RR one piece output gear.

maybe VP casings. but are theses needed?

lockers and HD gears? Im at a loss here. I know of highland crawlers pinch stlye lockers from RPP but are there any others i should look at?

Ring and Pinion gears? Axial? RRP? dont know.... never did the AX10 gig.

OOOO dinners done! more to come... need pics of stuff?? ask. i have them lol.

let me know what you think guys! need some upgrade inputs."thumbsup"

Love it, sounds like this rig gets a lot of your attention and money. (As it should be). It's good to see so many people enjoying this rig and how different everyone makes them. Axial really hit the mark with this one..... Again congrats can't wait to see any future mods.

how is the wraith im looking at buying one next week

Awesome. You won't be disappointed. It has many possibilities for building exactly what you want but it's still an awesome out the box racer. I say definately go get one, if you don't like it there are plenty of people on here who would take it off your hands. Lol.

how is the wraith im looking at buying one next week

im lovin mine. Hands down the most enjoyable rig i have had in years!

its not a comp crawler... dont be thinking XR10 / Berg lines are in this rigs play book. But with 4WS it makes incredible lines that you never would think possible.

This truck screams KoH (Kings of Hammer) racing. if your new to the term... google it. you'll be grinning.

The platform is so easy to make your very own. Looking through the members rigs you can find everything from a simple scale accessory placement to major body modifications to make it their own.

Highly recommended purchase."thumbsup"

The HD Axial gears are pretty rugid. Same as the AX10.

For lockers the best you can get are Felsenfest spools. I have some in my AX and SCX, and am ordering another pair for the Wraith. In the meantime I JB Welded the stock locker into the diff housing.

HR steel gears aren't too loud, not when lubed with the green goo that comes with the kit. After that, the gears are completely bomb-proof.
HR sways are my tip. Make'm Yourself is even more fun, especially when they work very well.

The HR locker is pretty nice too, stainless steel, bit weighty though.

More upgrades on the way! Hurray!

Felsenfest spools
Axial HD ring and pinion front over drive the rear under
MIPs
Robinson racing 1piece output diff locker (ax10 no dig)
HR HD steel trans gears
VP trans housing (black)
BWD FoFF motor plate

Lol lookin it over I should just say a new tranny is on its way!

Only thing I looked over and didn't go with was the sicky top shaft from SuperShafty.com
Don't know if I want a steel slipper. Weak points at this power level need to be put in place and the spur gear is a ez and cheap fix.

Come on Mr anthrax deliver my new goodies faster!

Oh and for those that don't get it.

Mr. Anthrax is the mail man. Lol

Back