• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Holmes hobbies motors

snydas1987

Pebble Pounder
Hey,
What's the difference between the Holmes hobbies torque master pro and crawl master pro 35t motors?
I'll be using them in rc4wd bully 2 comp crawler kit. Is one just a better quality motor or do they have different performances?
Also does one have a better drag brake?
I'll be using there HH torque master BR mini dual ESC.
Thanks guys

Hey,
What's the difference between the Holmes hobbies torque master pro and crawl master pro 35t motors?
I'll be using them in rc4wd bully 2 comp crawler kit. Is one just a better quality motor or do they have different performances?
Also does one have a better drag brake?
I'll be using there HH torque master BR mini dual ESC.
Thanks guys
Torque masters 3 slot armature 35t

Crawl masters 5 slot armature 16t

There's other differences but both motor work very well.

Read info here

https://holmeshobbies.com/motor-recommendations

I've been running crawl master 16t 5 slot motors for awhile bought my 2nd set last yr.
Very happy with them.
Because I'm looking to drop some weight I'm planning on buying a new set of puller 400's.
If your Interested in a good set of season old motors refreshed a few comps ago lmk.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Crawlmaster has lower initial start speed and smoother low end.
Torque master has more torque, stronger drag brake and has more punch off the line. In moa the torque might help the keep the rear motor from stalling out under load such as a steep climb where more weight and resistance is on the back axle.

Also crawlmaster dosent come in 35t, you want like a 16t, refer to holmes's motor recomendation page to see what turn you should get.

Last edited:
Both 3 slot torque master or 5 slot crawl master will work very well in a moa a rig. Either motor you'll be happy with.
Imo
30-35t torque master
Or
16-13t crawl master.

I'm agree with everything tapped out said also, my base twards the torque master is because, I use El Cheapo hackamoto 35t in my 9lb MoA bomber and that's where I wish it had more torque, probably not an issue in an actual light weight bully.
And none of the differences are drastically different. Both are good.

Just make sure you get the 540, 550 cans are too long and interfere with links and steering.

Last edited:
OK thanks guys, I'll stick with my choice of going the torque master 540 pro motors. I want that torque and strong drag brake.
Appreciate your help

Last edited:
Also would going a 40t or 45t motor give me the low down speed control while still having the solid drag brake and torque.
And do I want 0 degree timing or 3 or 6 degrees? What will be the differences in performance with different timing?

Last edited:
Also would going a 40t or 45t motor give me the low down speed control while still having the solid drag brake and torque.
And do I want 0 degree timing or 3 or 6 degrees? What will be the differences in performance with different timing?
if I was ordering torque masters I'd order 30T-33T 6 degrees of timing.

I think the super rigs run 40T motors.

6 degrees of timing speeds up motor and increase brush life.

YouTube holmes hobbies brushed motors

https://youtu.be/yjbc3PMKyGk

My favorite Holmes hobbies video.

https://youtu.be/G5-EZyPZBFI

I totally understand you wanting to know all the information you can get. I'm in the same boat about buying a set of puller motors.
Because I've never ran them before and at 250.00 for a set of puller motors it's a hard decision on which set to purchase.
But I think I'm going to order team puller 400's 16T crawl.

Last edited:
I'm thinking I'll follow what iv seen most guys running in bully 2's, they seem to run 16t crawlmasters. N I do want that slow low down crawl performance.
Just wondering does the weight of the rig change what i should get. I'm going to run the complete bully 2 kit- chassis, axles, wheels, but with light weight aluminum cage and lexan shell. Shouldn't add much weight really tho. Using aluminum tube and welding.
Thanks guys
Sorry for so many questions lately, its been 10yrs since I had a rc rig. That ngs changed a lot n I just wanna get things right.
Snyds

My rig weighs 4.792lbs/4lbs 12oz and the crawlmaster 16t motors work great. I'd Probably be happy with 13T crawlmasters also.
If I wasn't looking to drop 3-4oz I wouldn't even be looking at puller motors.
08aed9dcc8b2b1f241185562cdb391b8.jpg

Back