• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion Pro 2300kv 2-n-1 cogging?

Goro Majima

Rock Crawler
Subscribed Member
Best example picture I have on hand at the moment to show the angle (excuse the unrelated Gen8 4Runner).

So I'm not exactly sure on how many degrees this slope is, but my FJ Venture with this HW motor setup at a weight of roughly 10lbs (including interior + 5000mah hard pack) has a cogging or glitching issue climbing at this angle. I've got nothing bad to say about the 2-n-1 combo and it's my favorite of my fleet, and doesn't have an issue under normal situations. But doing such a climb, it has this issue. My rigs also don't see any abuse.

With all that said, I understand it is quite a heavy rig and perhaps it's too heavy for this combo? I have not tested it yet without the interior or body to make it lighter etc, and figured I'd ask before I got home to test. I guess this is more of a question leaning towards the heavier rigs with the combo. Lemme know y'all's experiences or pointers on what I can do without removing weight (lol), thanks.

e05567b7347e3ed0b479efc8a271e609.jpg

Probably geared too high. I have these in 2 rigs and 0 issues with either

Are you running 2s or 3s?

Do you have a bunch of weight in the wheels?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I am running the same system in my UA Bronco (weighs in at 9.5 lbs and has big 5.4"" tires, with a 63:1 low gear and 22.25:1 high gear. She definitely cogs in high gear but does not in low. You might want to check your gear ratios and see if you can go lower...

Last edited:
Probably geared too high. I have these in 2 rigs and 0 issues with either

Are you running 2s or 3s?

Do you have a bunch of weight in the wheels?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Didn't even think about the gearing. I am running the stock 16t pinion for quietness, so I'll mess with that but I'm certain this is the case. I had a 12t pinion before but I never ran it up a steep incline.

3S and 3S only lol.

Negative on the weighted wheels. I tend to try and keep wheel setups on the lighter side or untouched.

I am running the same system in my UA Bronco (weighs in at 9.5 lbs and has big 5.4"" tires, with a 63:1 low gear and 22.25:1 high gear. She definitely cogs in high gear but does not in low. You might want to check your gear ratios and see if you can go lower...

Yeah I'm gonna check into that. I'll start with the pinion and report back.

Swapped back to the 12t pinion and cogging is 98% gone it seems lol. I feel like the cogging still exists but it's so little that I'd live with it and it really only does it when it's nearly about to tip back while struggling for grip.

With that said, since the motor plate has already been modified to accept lower pinions which was done prior, the 12t is actually looser mesh wise and it's maxed out so I'll see if I can modify it more to accept a 9t.

Back