• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hilux High-Lift 3spd tranny worth it?

Cassius

Hello all, first post here. New guy in general when it comes to crawling. I'm Cassius from Montreal, Canada. Not long ago a friend of mine decided to build himself a scaler with spare parts. Since I didn't have much spare parts myself, I just bought a Tamiya Hilux High-Lift and started building it not long ago.

Here's my issue; after building the 3spd tranny, I noticed when rotating the big slip gear that in second speed, the driveshaft doesn't rotate. When I shift in first, they rotate and in third it's simply very hard to shift.

I was wondering if I should open up the tranny and look up what's wrong or simply order myself an R2 since I heard the 3spd isn't very useful afterall.

So all in all my questions are; any idea what might be wrong with the tranny? Is the 3spd any good or should I switch to an R2?

Thank you for your help

you dont have it set up right it should be fine you just have to find the sweet spots on the radio where each gear is fully engaged

the 3speed if a awesome tranny if you know what youre doing

Well you have 3 speeds haha Its great for scalers and its bulletproof i run a truck with 6" tires and juggernaut axles and i sheared 3 driveshafts (one was the stock HL one) and shredded the input gears on the front axle and the trans is fine
ive also front fliped it a couple times and no breaks
great tranny if you ask me!

the 3speed if a awesome tranny if you know what youre doing
what i meant was if you can do mods to make the tranny better i think you will enjoy it id take a 3speed over any tranny out there but if your looking for a comp crawler youve picked the wrong truck

try scale4x4rc you might find better info on highlifts there

Back