• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

High clearance steering links

Australalien

Hello all, I have ordered a pair of the Dlux Fab universal front axles for my SCX24. They claim 55 degrees steering angle with some heavy modification. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for steering links with the highest amount of clearance between the tie rod and the front diff. I am currently running Samix steering links that will need quite a bit of modification. I have no problem modifying parts but I'd rather start with the highest clearance tie rod and mod from there.

Not sure if I clearly understood the question.
But I'll try to describe high clearance mod I got. Unfortunately uploads fail now.
Some spacer 3mm between the knuckle and the steering tie rod will lift the tie rod for more clearance. Steering link needs to be made. Mine is 60mm, stock 63mm. Tie rod ends and some threaded links I believe are 2m size.

Update. Picture upload worked.
e77b8d7fc2c3d6a794dc8af73349958e.jpg

Last edited:
You understood the Question perfectly. The idea of adding spacers to raise the tie rod had occurred to me but I hadn't thought real hard on it yet. You are right though, the tie rod will need to be shorter. Thanks for the measurement, that saves me some time and takes the guess work out of it.

Back