• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HH Puller Pro Stubby 2700kv w/ Mamba Micro-X

AK KRAWLER

Rock Crawler
North to Alaska - go north, the rush is on....
Hello all, I am changing a few things up on my Gen8 Axe and plan to change out the Motor and ESC.

I will be lowering it down and installing a set of skinnier 4”ish tires. I currently have a HH Puller Pro Stubby 2700kv w/ Mamba Micro-X sitting here and was wondering if the Micro-X could handle the Gen8 and and HH Motor.

I thought I had a standard Mamba-X laying around, but I was mistaken…

Let me know what y’all think and also open to ordering a different ESC if that’s a better option.

Thanks

I ran that combo in my 8ish pound Wraith on 6" tall tires with no heat issues from the motor or esc on 3s, but it's geared 65:1. Even then, it was a little lacking in the torque department when it'd get really bound up. I'd give it a go and keep an eye on your temps for the first few runs.

I'm running a micro x with a 2700kv stubby on 2s in a 4.3" tired Venture weighing 5.5lbs with 30:1 reduction and it does excellent.

As long as you keep the gearing low enough you shouldn't have any issues.

I'm running a micro x with a 2700kv stubby on 2s in a 4.3" tired Venture weighing 5.5lbs with 30:1 reduction and it does excellent.

Good to know, I’ll have to look at what my current gear ratio is. It was nothing I really paid much attention to with the AXE System.

with the massive cutout fenders on the scout body it wont look right with 4" tires in my opinion anyway
i wish they made the fender openings and overall width closer to stock the 4.19 tires would fit perfict if the body was made closer to scale

with the massive cutout fenders on the scout body it wont look right with 4" tires in my opinion anyway
i wish they made the fender openings and overall width closer to stock the 4.19 tires would fit perfict if the body was made closer to scale

Agreed! I will be using the F-150 body I got from mgputer.
I honestly wish the axles were a bit narrower. Hopefully it will look a little better once the 3D printed fender flares are on.

A8F39B5C-BB1D-4E09-A601-963CD561153E.jpeg

C33484A4-08FE-4253-9457-351D25D7F8B0.jpeg

It is installed and runs pretty good in the house, it will be nice once all the snow is gone and get it outside to see how she handles.

Plenty of power, but she is a noisy little bugger :lmao:

Between all the gear noise and the high pitched noise of the motor/esc, I think every child and dog within a mile radius scatters when she is running

I think I need to take the transmission a t-case apart to re-grease the gears and take a look at the bearings, as well as address some slop in the driveshafts.

Back