• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

hey guys i am new to the venom i need help...

cain

if any body has some easy mods for the venom creeper could they please leave a photot or comment also any good setups thanks guys.:):)"thumbsup"

you can refer to sticky RMDW T's & T's & set up. You can find many ways to mod you rig. Some mods you don't even spend a penny.

Vent your wheels, swap your tires to Rovers and drive it!

Venting your rims will prevent your tires from acting like balloons and bouncing your creeper around on the rocks, they will be able to deform a bit and grab traction.

Tires are the single biggest performance upgrade you can make on the Creeper.
I'd recomend HB Rovers, they are a great tire.
The difference between the stockers and Rovers was amazing.

Then go read the sticky.

Square away your diffs with JB weld or washers or get the FLM or RMD aftermarket spools I went aftermarket myself, but JB weld is cheaper.

Shrink wrap your pins or get the Lokken or RMD pin locks.

Alot of people upgrade their drive shafts to Traxxas parts but I have not had a problem with my stock parts yet.

After the above I'd suggest building your kit stock (put the motor in when you build the tranny TRUST ME!)and see how you like it.
It's out of the box performance is very impressive.

One of the early champions of the Creeper, 1/4 eliptical toy, comped his in virtually stock form (original shock geometry and mounting points, some aluminum parts for extra strength in a bind) and did very well with it that way.

If after trying it stock, you find there are some aspects of its performance that you want to improve, go back to the sticky to get ideas on how to improve it.

Drive it, get to know it, then improve it if you need to.

Last edited:
Vent your wheels, swap your tires to Rovers and drive it!

Venting your rims will prevent your tires from acting like balloons and bouncing your creeper around on the rocks, they will be able to deform a bit and grab traction.

Tires are the single biggest performance upgrade you can make on the Creeper.
I'd recomend HB Rovers, they are a great tire.
The difference between the stockers and Rovers was amazing.

Then go read the sticky.

Square away your diffs with JB weld or washers or get the FLM or RMD aftermarket spools I went aftermarket myself, but JB weld is cheaper.

Shrink wrap your pins or get the Lokken or RMD pin locks.

Alot of people upgrade their drive shafts to Traxxas parts but I have not had a problem with my stock parts yet.

After the above I'd suggest building your kit stock (put the motor in when you build the tranny TRUST ME!)and see how you like it.
It's out of the box performance is very impressive.

One of the early champions of the Creeper, 1/4 eliptical toy, comped his in virtually stock form (original shock geometry and mounting points, some aluminum parts for extra strength in a bind) and did very well with it that way.

If after trying it stock, you find there are some aspects of its performance that you want to improve, go back to the sticky to get ideas on how to improve it.

Drive it, get to know it, then improve it if you need to.
i agree with al of it except for the red part

and a creeper link wil get rid or all the torque twist"thumbsup"

RMD swears by the Traxxas mod.
That being said, my stock drive shafts have not broken, they might tomorrow but they have held up fine so far.
If they break, I'll replace em with the Traxxas parts, but for now they are working.
I'm somewhat in the let it break then fix it camp.
That being said I'm thinking about upgrading to the Creeper Link but thus far, TT hasn't been holding me back as much as my driving =).

Last edited:
Chassis

Cain,
if you want to mod your chassis (again I think you should run it stock for a while)
Check out RMD and Abavuso's chassis'.
RMD also has a bunch of other parts for the Venom.
You should read through RMD's thread "On the Creeper Wagon".
It documents everything he has done to the Creeper, why he was doing it and whether the mods had the intended results.
RMD comps regularly and his parts were made with performance and durability in mind.
They are not the only way you can go, but I can almost guarantee they will be a good way to go.
Same for Abavuso.

Last edited:
the stock are ok but a brok mine in a bind

and the creeper link helps on steep climbs and sidhills

Cain,
if you want to mod your chassis (again I think you should run it stock for a while)
Check out RMD and Abavuso's chassis'.
RMD also has a bunch of other parts for the Venom.
You should read through RMD's thread "On the Creeper Wagon".
It documents everything he has done to the Creeper, why he was doing it and whether the mods had the intended results.
RMD comps regularly and his parts were made with performance and durability in mind.
They are not the only way you can go, but I can almost guarantee they will be a good way to go.
Same for Abavuso.
thanks for that i will chek out rmd now:)

Back