• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Helping a friend get a value on a Tamiya Honda F1

Hoosierdady

Fan of wheelspeed
I work at a car dealership and therefor talk to alot of guys about RC cars as well as full size. I have a friend of mine who has a Vintage Tamiya F1 that is complete. He doesn't know if it's functional because I told him not to plug in a battery until it's been inspected. He was wanting to convert the electronics over to a new ESC/motor/rx-tx but I told him to hold off until we find out what it's worth in its current condition as I know some of these can be worth hundreds of dollars in their OG state. I'm just trying to find out what the majority of you guys think it's worth in good condition with the book and maybe even the OG box. I know pics would help tremendously, but he doesn't do smart phones or pics so I'm trying to see it in person to get those. All of my searches have came up empty handed. I'll list what I know about it below, but I'm basically just wanting to know what it's worth and if they're sought after before we break this thing down for a overhaul.

Tamiya KIT 58069
Williams FW-11B Honda F-1

Last edited:
There is a new, never run example on ebay. Current bid is $37.
Thank Duuuude. I'm not sure how I missed that one, I've been looking for days. I guess I'll wait 4 days for the auction to end to get a good idea as to what it's worth. The bid was up to $50 just now. I gave him my Redcat electronics from my touring car for free to overhaul it with. He's just wanting to tool around the driveway with it so I figure they'll be good for that. But as sure as we tore into the car it would end up being something worth saving so I wanted to check first. Thanks again sir "thumbsup"

There's a thing called Google. It helps you find stuff. I had no idea until the Violator mentioned it...

Back