• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help! Scx24 woes

Sneakybadger

Hi guys,

So I got an SCX24 (Bronco) for my son. (And maybe a bit for me.)

He has brought it to me - the steering went from left to right, the motor would not drive. Dad thought it would be good to upgrade to an Injora 50T.

This arrived, connected, and no power. Ends up - the battery was dead and the charger was not charging it. So we now have upgraded batteries!

The original motor is still not working, so that's all good. But I connect the motor and give it juice - it only goes in reverse. The ESC is a v2, by the way. If I flip the reverse switch on the controller, throttle forward makes it go in reverse still - but it will only go one way.

Is this now a cooked ESC? My son could possibly have swapped the battery/motor connectors, I'm not sure.

Cheers!

it sounds to me like there may be something wrong with the controller there. if its only working when pulling the trigger one way. the truck isn't trying to drive on its own at all is it?

Thanks for the quick reply!

The truck isn't trying to drive on it's own. If I use reverse, the motor goes reverse. If I toggle the switch (TH REV) then the throttle on forward makes it go to reverse.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The truck isn't trying to drive on it's own. If I use reverse, the motor goes reverse. If I toggle the switch (TH REV) then the throttle on forward makes it go to reverse.
if you are still pulling the trigger the same way both times and its going in reverse with the switch both ways, i'd say the esc might be bad

Sorry, let me clarify.

Switch position 1:
Forward throttle = nothing
Reverse throttle = reverse

Switch position 2:
Forward throttle = reverse
Reverse throttle = nothing

it sounds like the esc is bad, just to make sure, do the same without the servo plugged in. i've seen servo's in these go bad in such odd ways that they cause the esc to do strange things. if that changes nothing, i'd say the esc needs to be replaced

I second what Skurge said about the servo above. I had that problem twice with the stock servo and both times beat my head against a wall before figuring it out or remembering that was the problem the first time.

The cheap replacement I used for the servo is the Emax ES08MAII

Not an exact fit replacement but they don't fail quickly like stock. There might be better options out there now that are even easier and still cheap.

The cheap replacement I used for the servo is the Emax ES08MAII
The emax is not water resistant and will not hold to any moisture I have had great luck with this guy and much stronger and better built than the emax.

I have emax servos and they work and work but once you see any moisture they are done specially if at the hands of the little ones they love to go through puddles.

I recently got the wheels bound up (too far away to see how bad it was) which resulted in the Injora digital servo being ripped from it's mount and fried the esc ... no steering output at all but everything else works. Can't complain as it was well used and about 1½ years old. My only gripe is that I don't know 100% for sure if it is the esc ... or maybe even the receiver is at fault? To eliminate this, I'm just going to try the Injora brushed esc and get another receiver for the GT5.

Hi guys,
So silly question:

This servo and this replacement ESC should eliminate the issue, and should be compatible with the standard esc v2 transmitter that came with the unit?

I have emax servos and they work and work but once you see any moisture they are done specially if at the hands of the little ones they love to go through puddles.

We have them on all 3 of my kids 24s and have not had the same experience at all.

Hi guys,
So silly question:

This servo and this replacement ESC should eliminate the issue, and should be compatible with the standard esc v2 transmitter that came with the unit?
no, that esc will require its on receiver and radio, also if that isn't the V2 mb100, 100% do not get it(looks like it is)

@skurge Thanks for that, much appreciated.

As an FYI I have sent a video off to Injora, and they're sending me a new motor, they believe it could be faulty. So we shall wait and see! I will keep this thread posted with my adventures.

Back