• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help me decide

neillarson

RCC Addict
My M977 build will be a long one as I source parts, but for now, I have a bit of a dilemma. I have an FJ truck hard body coming in next week. I have to decide which of these 2 kits to build kits this on. I have an SCX10 III with portal axles and I have (or will have it tomorrow) VS4-10 straight axle.

I am leaning towards the VS4-10 mainly cause I have never even seen one but hear nothing but great things about it.

My M977 build will be a long one as I source parts, but for now, I have a bit of a dilemma. I have an FJ truck hard body coming in next week. I have to decide which of these 2 kits to build kits this on. I have an SCX10 III with portal axles and I have (or will have it tomorrow) VS4-10 straight axle.

I am leaning towards the VS4-10 mainly cause I have never even seen one but hear nothing but great things about it.

FJ truck hard body; this is the 70 series I assume? I would also pick the VS410 mainly because you have the straight axle kit and I prefer that body to have straight axles (just my opinion). But the 10.3 with portals is still a good kit in itself.

FJ truck hard body; this is the 70 series I assume? I would also pick the VS410 mainly because you have the straight axle kit and I prefer that body to have straight axles (just my opinion). But the 10.3 with portals is still a good kit in itself.

Thanks, I have yet to see one, not much in crawling going on around me. Mine will be here around noon today.

FJ bodies are kind of tall. For this reason, I would put it on a chassis with a lower center of gravity such as the VS4-10 with straight axles.

Back