• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Has anyone bought this truck yet? HG 6x6

Hypergarage

m-images-a-goods-goods_id-212681.html
HG P601 6WD RC Crawler RTR Climbing Car-100.08 and Free Shipping | GearBest.com Mobile has anyone bought this truck yet? HG P601 6x6 RTR? Listen I know Gearbest doesn't have the best reputation and this truck is coming from a Chinese company that most of us have never heard of but the damn thing is $100! For a 6x6! I'm just wondering if anyone has bought this thing and if it's even worth a look. I really don't care about the electronics or anything like that, I would throw those away! I'm talking about as a chassis is it any good? I'm extremely curious about this!

Last edited:
Do a google search for reviews...The consensus is the chassis is too flexible, the axles a little weak....Still a bargain at $100

However, if you go to Banggood.com, that place has a ton of upgrades, including a metal chassis, metal axles, metal transmission....

You will end up spending as much as a competent 4 wheel RC, but you would then have a competent 6x6. There is the ability to even extend the chassis and add another rear axle, then you have an 8x8. If you are handy and have some fabrication skills, even another front axle is possible.

I have that on my wishlist, waiting for free shipping....There is a #35 ship fee to the US....Not quite as big a bargain with the shipping.

For $100, though, it has potential....Even the radio is cheap, but is 3 channel...add an optional servo, and the transmission ccan be shifted between the 2 ranges from the radio....

Do a google search for reviews...The consensus is the chassis is too flexible, the axles a little weak....Still a bargain at $100

However, if you go to Banggood.com, that place has a ton of upgrades, including a metal chassis, metal axles, metal transmission....

You will end up spending as much as a competent 4 wheel RC, but you would then have a competent 6x6. There is the ability to even extend the chassis and add another rear axle, then you have an 8x8. If you are handy and have some fabrication skills, even another front axle is possible.

I have that on my wishlist, waiting for free shipping....There is a #35 ship fee to the US....Not quite as big a bargain with the shipping.

For $100, though, it has potential....Even the radio is cheap, but is 3 channel...add an optional servo, and the transmission ccan be shifted between the 2 ranges from the radio....
Do you have a link to the upgrades on Banggood or know how I can get them via search? 6x6 didn't help.

My dad purchased one of these locally on an impulse and he's kind of regretting it.

I ordered one, but it showed up full size :roll:

IMG_20160208_134631.jpg

Seriously though, the quality looks pretty poor, but for $100 what could go wrong?

Yes. Bought mine from GearBest.com.
For under $200 with chassis upgrades and shipping you get a decent 6x6 platform in RTR.
For straight OOTB (with chassis upgrades) it runs good. Add lights and grease/lube everything and it should handle a lot of running.
I'm sure the motor isn't the best, the ESC/RX (2 port) combo I don't like, but for what it is, I think it is worth it to have some generic fun.

Review

And problem solved!!!!

Metal Chassis - $20.
Metal Chassis Extension - $10.

Like I mentions for under $200 (shipping and a couple parts) you can get a pretty decent rig RTR. "thumbsup"

Or you can get a RC4WD Beast II (kit) for $500. That one is nice too.

Good shit! Now that I know they have an optional metal chassis I'm buying it. It's $100 even if it is terrible it's worth a try.

Hello.
I purchased one of these in the u.k. for ÂŁ170.00. bp.
and it is not a lot of good, flimsy body, wobbly plastic chassis, average motor etc.
keep your money and buy something stronger, save up, it will be worth it.
Cheers Wads78.

Check in multi axle, there are a few threads about the hg 6x6. Im looking to get one soon as i can distract the wife. As someone else said $100 6x6 rtr. Metal chassis upgrades and bearings, toss in that spare 27 turn that everyone has laying around and have fun.

I ordered mine last night, did a good deal of research and talked to ppl who have them. Good deal for 100.00 but the chassis flex's to much. So I built a 24"X4" aluminum chassis for it. Going to swap everything over, replace what I think is weak. Then from there I will build the body.

I don't have a Gear Best account. What's the cost to ship this thing to the US?

$35 to US from Gear Best...Even though they claim free shipping, it turns out the Lipo battery included with the truck requires them to charge shipping....

Still not a bad deal, but that is pretty high for shipping, IMO...

However, at $130 with shipping, still a good price....

Back