• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Had my first, authentic trail/crawling excursion - SCX10 Deadbolt

johnnyluv

Rock Crawler
This past Saturday, I got to experience my first, authentic trail/crawling excursion. I had done some light trailing Friday evening, to test out my recently upgraded links & servo horn, but Saturday was the real deal, as I drove about an hour, out into the foothills of the Cascade mountains, and hiked up a trail that had some good rocky sections.
I had only intended to find a place near a river, where there might be a dry, rocky portion of the riverbed, but instead, I picked an actual trail. I was a little self-conscious, at first, because the trail was fairly busy, and quite a few hikers were coming down it, but after a few encounters I got over it and had a blast. Funny, because most of the people I encountered were quite impressed that this little truck could drive in such rough terrain. This one group of hikers actually had me demo it. They all cleared the trail, and stood by, while I drove it up a particularly rocky section. :) Further up the trail, I encountered two couples, and one of the guys exclaimed that I showed him his dream toy, or something to that effect, and you should have seen the loathing expression on his woman's face (partner/wife, etc.), especially when I mentioned the costs of getting into the hobby. Her expression, toward me, was as though I was a drug pusher. HAHAHA!
Had I left earlier in the day, I could've driven the Deadbolt the full length of the trail, which leads to a lake that sets at the base of a mountain. I certainly had enough battery power left, but it was getting late. I'll try and make a more proper "Trail Adventure" production video, when I get time.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XRl_TTr5NTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back