• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

GT3C - increase servo throw

The Modfather

Rock Stacker
Hi all.

I'm not sure this is even a thing, but wanted to ask anyway. I have a stock GT3C that I use with my SCX10 II. I am interested in learning if it's possible to increase the throw (rotation?) of the servo. The servo I have is supposed to be capable of 180º, but I seem to get around 140ish (just an estimation). Servo here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=pda0fc-20

Anyhow - I have tried using the RCC search, as well as Mr. Googley. My issue is that I may not be searching for the right terminology - OR - what I'm asking for is impossible...heh

Thanks in advance all!

-Moddy

What you need is to adjust the endpoints of the ch.
Don't know the range I think it's limited to.max 120%

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk

The advertised servo angle is misleading, it's like saying a gearbox can withstand 1000hp but hooking up an ordinary V8 doesn't mean you get 1000hp.

A typical radio gives you 90 degrees at "100%" and 108 degrees at "120%", regardless of it being a standard or 180* servo. I have noticed a 90* signal will result in 90* on some servos and >100* on others. IF your radio can provide 200%, then you'll get 180* of twist and full resolution. To get 180* with a normal 90* TX you need a module that "doubles" the RX's output range or mod the servo, but resolution will be halved with those methods.

I've never seen a servo angle extender, but I've considered making them. To mod the servo you must add resistors to the outer legs of it's pot. I did this many moons ago to a Cirrus but do not recall what the values were.

The advertised servo angle is misleading, it's like saying a gearbox can withstand 1000hp but hooking up an ordinary V8 doesn't mean you get 1000hp.

A typical radio gives you 90 degrees at "100%" and 108 degrees at "120%", regardless of it being a standard or 180* servo. I have noticed a 90* signal will result in 90* on some servos and >100* on others. IF your radio can provide 200%, then you'll get 180* of twist and full resolution. To get 180* with a normal 90* TX you need a module that "doubles" the RX's output range or mod the servo, but resolution will be halved with those methods.

I've never seen a servo angle extender, but I've considered making them. To mod the servo you must add resistors to the outer legs of it's pot. I did this many moons ago to a Cirrus but do not recall what the values were.
Great info. Thanks for teaching me! Not sure I wanna mod the servo, so I'll play with the end point thing and see how that plays out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back