• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Greetings & thanks for having me...

studioMAK

G'day ladies & gents!!!

Well I just thought id say hello & thanks for having me.
I am VERY new to this & still learning as much as I can via YouTube &
This forum.

I'm yet to purchase my first rig.
I'm thinking I'll start with an axial SXC10...
(I'm just not sure which one)

So my first newbie question is:

Out of all the sxc10's
which would be the best?

(I'm told they're all basically the same, only the wheelbase differs)

Is there a chart or details on exact measurements?
(So I can make an informed decison)

Ideally I want to customise my rig to look like my parents Range Rover
(From when I was a teenager)

Thanks in advance 👌

Welcome to the hobby and forums.

SCX10 is a solid platform to start with. There are tons of aftermarket hop ups to be had.

Dollar for dollar the Deadbolt would be the best value if you're looking for a ready to run (RTR) rig.

Check out http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/497578-dudley-deadbolts-adventure-thread-t-money.html

And also look up Harley's Deadbolt Budget build. They will give you an idea about that particular SCX10.

As far as the differences, tires, shocks, electronics, and wheelbase may be different from model to model. Kits very more and lack electronics.

Before you jump into the SCX-10, take a look at the Vaterra Ascender. Out of the box, it's a much better truck than the SCX-10 (all hardened tranny gears, all aluminum links, hardened lockers, stronger plastic knuckles/c-hubs). It's a very flexible platform (adjustable length chassis rails, kits include parts for multiple wheelbases), and aftermarket support has picked up considerably over the past 6 months. I have both, but if I had to choose only 1, it would be the Ascender hands down.

welcome

I love my deadbolt, but I would love the G6, or the JK too. If I were you I would find the Range Rover body you want and see what wheel base it has and pick your SCX10 that has a similar or same.

If you need to adjust wheel base its easy and cheap to do yourself by building your own links

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/349599-how-make-your-own-links.html

I prefer the all-thread and steel brake line with Revo ends. Plus if you get the RTR you will need to replace the stock plastic links very soon

I dont want to turn you off and SCX10 but I have hear so many good things about the Ascender. It might be worth taking a look into

Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech - Vaterra Ascender at RCCrawler.com

Good to see another newbie here. Good choice with the SCX10 its a good base to start from I'm doing the same thing and hope to build a good crawler from it. This is my first post but I have been checking out all the build post for a few days.

Before you jump into the SCX-10, take a look at the Vaterra Ascender. Out of the box, it's a much better truck than the SCX-10 (all hardened tranny gears, all aluminum links, hardened lockers, stronger plastic knuckles/c-hubs). It's a very flexible platform (adjustable length chassis rails, kits include parts for multiple wheelbases), and aftermarket support has picked up considerably over the past 6 months. I have both, but if I had to choose only 1, it would be the Ascender hands down.

X2 :)

looks like you beat me to the Ascender:mrgreen:

:ror:"thumbsup"8)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to read up on the Vaterra Ascender.

8)"thumbsup"

Weather you go with the Ascender or the SCX10, you'll have a good and capable rig. Welcome to the crawler addiction and enjoy!

Back