• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Good scale rig with speed.

SVEN STRAHL

I'm relatively new. I am into scale truck/crawling. I own a acsender and a scx10. However i would like something with speed, that is still scale. I recently got a axial yeti online. when I received it, it was twice as big as my other too trucks! That didn't seem scale to me. So I sold it. From looking at pictures the wraith is a huge rig as well. But I have been researching the Twin Hammers. This looks like a good scale rig. Should I just ditch worrying about scale size altogether? Or is the wraith really supposed to be that big next to a Honcho? I really wanna pull the trigger on the Twin Hammers. However the battery worry's me. Unless It will accept the Vaterra battery. Thoughts on this?

Wraith is equivalent of a Jeep juggy on full width one ton axles, so sitting next to a d90, its going to be significantly bigger, or whatever your scale rigs are. Same with the bomber. Its basically a KOH rock racing buggy with full width axles. You're looking at rigs that can run 40-42 inch tires in 1:1 scale, vs maybe 33-35s on d90, Toyota pickup, etc... if built to scale anyhow. you have have gotten the yeti XL which is actually a 1/8 scale. I can't speak on the twin hammers, but I do know I saw a few comparison videos on youtube with it against wraith and bombers. you can most likely find scx10 vs any of them videos also so you can see actual video of them on the same areas.

First of all what scale are you looking for? 1/10, 1/8 or some other? A bomber is a pretty scale rig but not the same scale as a SCX10.

What Sheepdawg23wm said[emoji115]. Here's a trx4 next to a scx10
aa82b54f6538d6177abd32297f8f0425.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I went ahead and bought a Vaterra Twin Hammers, it will be here Friday. I can't wait, from what I have seen online, it is a nice little rig. I also went and visited the vanquish site for it, wife about killed me. I am thinking about throwing scale out the window with my next purchase. With either a Bomber, or Losi rock rey.

Bomber was my next! Love the twin hammers though. Definetly upgrading the stock bomber electronics when i get the spare cash. Probly mamba max pro, along with a tekin 3100kv

I have a twin hammers and scx10. Pretty comparable size wise. The twin hammers is a blast. The two speed transmission lets it crawl with the scx10 in low gear and beat my short course truck in hi gear with the 4000kv brushless system in it. IF YOU WANT TO CRAWL INVEST IN THE LOCKER IMMEDIATELY. it's worthless without it.

Back