• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gluing Magnet Mounts to Painted Body

Winger27

For all who use magnet mounts instead of body pins, what and how do you secure the magnet to the body without it affecting the paint on the inside? I tried Shoe Goo on a scrap piece I painted and you could see where the magnet was mounted from the outside. Really don't want to ruin a good paint job. Or do I trash the magnet idea, something new? Thanks

If it’s properly painted and backed shoe goo or E6000 works. Put your blob precisely where it has to go and drop your magnets . Now walk away for 24 hours. If you move it or slide the magnets the paint can “run”

I only use ring magnets so this has always worked

26916e1e3c2d9e2c565d79427de5ee08.jpg

Hang up and Drive
f25701dbe80fec8d6743ce40a5703dae.jpg

Last edited:
ShooGoo works like a champ, BUT A) as stated before, make sure when you put your magnets on they won't move or slide, and B) let your paint dry for 3-4 days so it properly CURES not just dry to the touch.

Doing these two things will yield great results.

Good advice guys. I am using ring magnets, so I will stick with Shoe Goo. Do you glue the magnets on the posts first then locate and glue on the body?

Good advice guys. I am using ring magnets, so I will stick with Shoe Goo. Do you glue the magnets on the posts first then locate and glue on the body?

I do both at once and put a piece of packing tape between them to keep them from getting glued to each other. I cut an X where the body post pokes up, just make sure not to get glue on top of the body post.

Oh and If you need to buy glue go for E6000 over the shoe goo, its a bit better for hobby stuff.

Last edited:
Back