• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gelande 2 Pickup Build

neillarson

RCC Addict
I think everyone has seen how to build these to a roller so I am starting at that point.

thumbnail.jpg

This was my first D90 from 13 years ago. A Gelande (the original one).

DSC_0250.jpg

So, this is going to be a Pickup, Marine Blue with a White top. As I don't have the facilities for brazing anymore, I will have to make do with some help from Injora, CCHand and RC4WD. I do have to get my 3D printer set up as I need to make a couple parts. This is my first build since 2012.

Awesome to see you building another rig after a 12+ year hiatus! The D90 trucks always look great to me.

Awesome to see you building another rig after a 12+ year hiatus! The D90 trucks always look great to me.

Thank you. After I retired in 2012 and moved to Mississippi, I realized that there are no crawler groups within 3 hours of me. My land is primarily pasture and flat woodlands with no rock. So, I decided to get out of the hobby. I REALLY missed it so now I am back and going to concentrate primarily on trail trucks. Bought a couple RTRs to start, just finished a VS4-10 and now am working on a couple Gelande 2s.

Thank you. After I retired in 2012 and moved to Mississippi, I realized that there are no crawler groups within 3 hours of me. My land is primarily pasture and flat woodlands with no rock. So, I decided to get out of the hobby. I REALLY missed it so now I am back and going to concentrate primarily on trail trucks. Bought a couple RTRs to start, just finished a VS4-10 and now am working on a couple Gelande 2s.

You're welcome! "thumbsup"

Besides running RCs, building them is such a great part of the hobby as well.

Back