• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
I plan on running a Holmes Hobbies 35t motor, and I was wondering what gearing I should use. The gearing should have plenty of torque, but have some decent speed. The gears I plan on getting are axial hd gears for the axles. So what gearing should I use?

I run 5.6 - 1 gearing. Gear down volt up. I run 3s lipos and 4s with my gearing on a hh27t motor and brxl esc

Get a pair of underdrive hd gears for the axles and keep your pinion around 16-20t for 3s-4s. That way, when/if you go to a comp, you can slap a set of stock gears in the front and increase your maneuverability through gates.

My $0.02

I plan on running a Holmes Hobbies 35t motor, and I was wondering what gearing I should use. The gearing should have plenty of torque, but have some decent speed. The gears I plan on getting are axial hd gears for the axles. So what gearing should I use?

Do you mean specifically axle gearing or spur/pinion?

For the spur/pinion, as was stated, any ratio between 5-6:1 works well. Be it stock 48p or 32p, however 32p will be more robust.

For axle gearing, I prefer OD (overdrive) front and UD (underdrive) rear. So 36/14 front-43/13 rear. Some will say its too much of a difference in gear ratio, and it can be if other drivetrain fixes haven't been done. For reliable performance UD front and rear works fine.

Back