• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gatekeeper or HD?

PAUL-E-D

Getting a new truck after a long absence. Do not want to drop a ton of money immediately incase my return to the r/c world is short lived. Therefore I will be getting a rtr. I have settled on either a gatekeeper or Sendero hd. I have read the the gk is tippy out of the box but I’m not afraid of making a few mods for improvement. Any opinions on which I should get and why?

Thing is each one has its place. Most that complain about gk being tippy is cause they don't take the time to set it up.

The HD is going to be tippy out of the box as well, but the gatekeeper is far more stable than the HD due to the anti-roll bar rear suspension.

Depends on what you're looking to do. Trail, crawler course, nothing but rocks, mix of everything.

But look at it this way, the Ecto is one of the best if not the best out of the box rigs available right now, only difference is the small and light weight lexan body vs the gatekeeper.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Thing is each one has its place. Most that complain about gk being tippy is cause they don't take the time to set it up.

The HD is going to be tippy out of the box as well, but the gatekeeper is far more stable than the HD due to the anti-roll bar rear suspension.

Depends on what you're looking to do. Trail, crawler course, nothing but rocks, mix of everything.

But look at it this way, the Ecto is one of the best if not the best out of the box rigs available right now, only difference is the small and light weight lexan body vs the gatekeeper.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

It would probably be a mix of everything as far as driving conditions. There are a few decent rocky areas nearby to crawl. Close by indoor crawler course. Messing around outside with the kids. Not afraid of some set up. I used to race on and off road. I like the cage look but it’s not a deal breaker.

My GK arrived yesterday. The biggest deciding factors were price and the cage. I like the cage style. If I want to mix it up and put on a full body I can do that also with minimal effort. Thanks for your input. I already started to do what I can to lower it some without buying anything. Here we go.

Back