• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Game changer

gein

Rock Stacker
I replaced the stock VXT tires with some Hyrax knockoffs on SSD wheels and Proline dual stage foams, along with some SSD brass knuckles...

Now this thing can crawl!

Good news since i was really impressed by the phoenix kit quality, but not much by its performance.

The vxt's really hold the truck potential even for basic trail stuff, i tried them with the ssd knuckles and it was just not performing well.

But now were talking! :)

v2

v2

v2

Last edited:
Imo, the vxt are a bit to stiff. The phoenix body doesnt help much either, its a bit top heavy. Otherwise, its a great performing rig

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

I agree.

The Hyrax knockoffs i have now looks a bit goofy as the sidewall is way too soft but they still perform way better than stock tires.

It also needed some weight in the front thats for sure, the SSD knuckles took care of that part.

Did u vent the hyrax k/o's? I didnt use to vent my tires, but since i dont run in water, i do. That changed my rigs alot too. They conforn to the terrain alot better

Did u vent the hyrax k/o's? I didnt use to vent my tires, but since i dont run in water, i do. That changed my rigs alot too. They conforn to the terrain alot better

I tought about it but since i have an habit to cross some creeks with my rigs i didnt.

I also do a lot of trail rides and the weather is not always on our side sadly.

Back