• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Futaba servo issue

Wwk

I bought two Futaba HPS-CB701 servos for my Bully 2. Each of them turns off after a few minutes, simply it does not respond. No smoke, no sound. It only starts to work again after disconnecting from power supply.

It looks like a servo is switched off by some kind of protection, but I don't know why - it does it in every rig and with every 3S batteries or ESCs I have - for example Mamba X or Micro X, stock Bully 2 ESC or HH BRMD with Castle Bec (set from 6V to 7.4V, what is within operating range).

Endpoints are set correctly, no heavy load is apllied - sometimes it turns off when iddle, while I set up steering trim. All the other servos I have works fine.

Any idea what can it be and what should I do with it?

Just spitballing here, but it does clearly say NO DRY BATTERY OR BEC USE. Maybe eliminate the BEC and see what happens??

Those are pretty high-end/ expensive servos. You sure you got them from a legitimate seller and they're legit/ not a knock off?

Also the Rx too. The pins have a “standard” diameter but they may not being making full contact until they are wiggled again while unplugging.

I'm sure it is genuine.

I tried several RX/TX - stock Bully 2 transmitter and receiver, or Spektrum DX5 Rugged with SR515/SR3100.

Back