• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FUTABA 3PL & Sidewinder 3 Problem

dwolfey

I own a Futaba 3PL radio w/ receiver R2004GF and all is connected to a Castle creations Sidewinder 3 ESC with a brushed 35T motor. I purchased my truck new and all electronics new as well. I set the ESC so the throttle is reversed and all has worked flawlessly for the past 3 weeks. I took my truck body off so that I could tidy up some loose wires from my headlights.....which run through an on/off switch and directly to a battery feed. Been like this for weeks. When I turned my truck on to drive it around it stops and starts. I turn on the switch to the ESC....go through usual sequence of beeps...Auto lipo is on. Green light is solid on receiver and i can drive forward and reverse BUT when I engage the steering the light goes red and then the ESC beeps a few times almost like it is reconnecting and steering will work a short period BUT 30 seconds later it does the same thing. Green light is solid and then goes to red when I turn wheels and nothing happens.....beeps through the sequence again and may turn wheels but will cut out again! I am confused!! I have reset everything back to default, re-binded my radio and receiver! Can anyone help me! I am positive I changed nothing in the wiring or connections!!

battery type ?

Servo type ?

Internal/External BEC ? (voltage setting ?)

it's possible the servo could be browning out the RX
if running off the ESC's internal voltage.

or it could be a simple as a cold solder joint
or poor connection.

You get anything wet lately ?

Battery - 2s Lipo
Servo - Blue Hitech waterproof
BEC - ? Please explain lol I thought my BEC was inside the sidewinder.
Not wet at all or ever

Last edited:
Back