• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Furitek Lizard Pro Issue

Australalien

Hey guys, I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I’m not sure what’s gong on but I have done a significant amount of trouble shooting so I’ll just lay out the symptoms and what gear I’m running.

This is on an SCX24.

The symptom is that when I get the front tires in just the slightest bind, the blue light on the esc goes off and I can no longer control the throttle via the remote. I can still control the steering though.

I am constantly having to recalibrate the esc through the Furicar app.

I was getting cogging in the motor but switched batteries from stock to a Palm Beach Bots 2s 120mah battery and now the cogging has stopped but the above happens and it happens with either battery now.

I’m using a Mofo BAM motor with a Furitek Lizard Pro esc. Stock transmission.

I’m running SCX 24 stock axles with brass knuckles and diff covers. Front is heavily modified to accept the Dlux Fab universal joints and max steering angle (No outside bearings, stock steering limits heavily trimmed). The front was overdriven by 14% but I am currently running stock worm gears as I wanted to make sure it wasn’t the overdrive binding. Still has the same issue.

The universal joints on the driveshafts are properly phased.

There is no binding in the driveline anywhere. I have been over the whole vehicle.

I'm running a Spektrum SR310 receiver left over from an old build that has been decased. Spektrum DX4C remote.

I suspect I may be running into issues with compatibility between the esc and the motor and wondering if swapping to a Furitek motor will solve the issues. Is there a particular version of firmware for the esc that works well with the BAM motor?

Back