• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FS GT5 + Novac Rooster crawler = Throttle deadspot and reverse sensitivity issiue?

Axa

Hi all.

My old AX10 is a fantastic crawler.

My only issiue is im struggling to find out how to make the revers less sensetive. And thers an anoingly long dead spot in the trigger from center position. Around 7 to 8 spots on the visual cannel position information in the bottom of the display.

This makes controlled slow reversing in tricky situations hard.

ABS and SVC is OFF.

EXP to +100% on both forward and reverse and the deadspot is the same if adjustin to 0% exponential or to -100%

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Probably not what you want to here buy ill say it anyway

Buy a new esc

That was a great unit when compairing them to mechanical speed controler but thats about all the good i can say about them
Remeber when those were made we still used am controlers crystals and nimh batterys

Sounds like an upgrade is the best solution here..

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to more modern stuff then what I got at the moment..

So any pointers to what i should consider would be much appreciated! :)

Sounds like an upgrade is the best solution here..

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to more modern stuff then what I got at the moment..

So any pointers to what i should consider would be much appreciated! :)

If you're running a brushed motor, the Hobbywing 1080 is the recommended go-to.

yeah indeed with sniper

HW 1080 is great. Alot nice settings also.
Cheap upgrade to brushed motors.
Cheap great brushed motor is Holmes hobbies sport motors.

Then there is new cheap 1800kv Hobbywing Fusion SE brushless 2in1 combo that is very good many say. Cheap about 80 bucks only
Alot settings. Great and cheap

<iframe width="1024" height="576" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hGpLhNEMuPQ" title="Hobbywing Fusion SE 1800kv This Changes Everything" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi again

I went with the 1080 but still got this dead spot or more like a zone in the trigger between forward and reverse.

Can't find any setting for adjusting this on my FS GT5 radio.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to believe it has something to do with your motor choice or ESC.
Especially that Novack Rooster. And brushed motor.

I have 2 FS-GT3-C's and a newly purchased FS GT5.
I surely hope this GT5 has all the bells and whistles (adjustments)
The FS GT5 TX/RX had great reviews last I looked.
How old is your radio system ? Could it have gotten damaged by a drop or impact or something ?
Are you sure your EXPO adjustments are on # two (ESC) ?
What about your EPA adjustments ?
Oh I don't know I haven't even turned on my FS GT5 yet.
Was waiting for my Lipo battery to arrive from China.
But I better put some AA batteries in it to make sure it turns on !?

I'll be using my FS GT5 with the brushless system in my Axial SCX6.

Last edited:
Last edited:
First video that pops up on YouTube flysky throutle calibration

https://youtu.be/WzhfpqNaRig?si=Ca-38E08_UTirRYD

In this video they call it neutral calibration

https://youtu.be/NLmJjcK9rws?si=fEgabJKw5thB2I28

Also try seting the throttle and steering trim to 0 and rebind the receiver I've had that fix more than 1 problem I've had with flysky radios

And I even saw that video :oops:

But your last advise I will need to make sure of. And will do so on the original first binding ! ;-)

Last edited:
Back