• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

For those who have done the Sr Irie steering bell crank mod

byrnieman

Quarry Creeper
OK I am installing the Sr Irie steering bell crank upgrade and will admit that I am getting a little frustrated. Firstly with the fact that there are NO INSTRUCTIONS but mostly with how difficult it is to set up correctly.

So I have a question...

1) The instructional video I am using as a basis for the installation (YouTube installing twin hammers bell crank on GCM plate) says that the ball that goes on the servo (the shorter ball that you take off the original steering rack) needs to be mounted backwards (on the back of the servo horn so the steering link goes behind the horn. For me this causes this link to foul on the servo when at full left turn. Why can't this ball be on the front of the servo horn like it is in the original / manufacturers set up??

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ran on a similar problem with my scratch built setup, what you need is a servo horn with enough offset and (that what i did on mine) use a tierod end screwed on the servo horn instead of the ball joint.

i dont have pics of my setup yet, i will try to shoot a few of them and post them here in the weekend hoping it helps You.

Cheers

Claudio

Here is a picture of the servo horn installed using a regular tie rod. The GCM kit works the same. This is what I recommend with my kits. Fits much better than stock and far stronger.
Part numbers
TLR1555 for 23T
TLR1556 for 24T
TLR1557 for 25T
Depending on the spline count of your servo as to which you need. stock is 25t
Hope this helps and sorry I did not see this thread sooner.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, didnt post any pic since it's basically the same as shown by Sr. Irie

Claudio

I did the mod last night. Exactly like the video said and it worked great. The key is the recommended Losi servo horn. I have no issue with the ball stud clearance with the Losi horn.

Sr.Irie, nice setup the Losi horns are handy! I'm always looking and buying servo horns for low clearance situations like this and opposite offset. :)

Back