• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

First day with the new crawler...

fortunespoons

Hello, I just jumped into crawling for fun after a year and a half of 1/10 rc trucks. I ended up with a 1/14 Duratrax cliff climber I think.
It currently has a larger homemade plexi frame. I have the stock frame and a bunch of spare parts and shocks, etc. I saw all the forum links and will be wading thru them as we go but for now I'd like the basics if I could...
I'm going to make it 4wd, 2 wheel steer, traxxas electronics.
It currently has some toe issues (in and out) and I'm not sure where to start with camber and toe settings.
Also, generally, what kind of angle should the 4 links have when at rest?
Same question more or less for shocks. Short and upright or longer and flatter?
I have wheel extensions from my Stampede. Does anyone use them on their crawler?
Great looking site here. I'll be reading for a month.
Hopefully I'll be crawling before then!

Ok so I found the manual online finally late last night.
I see the stock angles and I think they are more or less the same on this bigger frame. It seems to flex well enough...
I've put the stock solid steering links back on so the tires are straight.
Motors are working, so is the servo and tx/rx.
I just need some connectors for the motor wires and a mounting plate or 2...?
I made an aluminum plate to lock the rear steering.
Also an aluminum servo mount. Next I'll be hashing out a frame from alum.

Links parallel? Yes from what I've read. And the lowers should be angled to the center. Shocks should lean in a bit.
Questions: Should the links be the same length? Mine has longer links on the bottom. The stock ones are all the same length unless I'm missing some from the kit. If I do play around with the length of the links, what problems or performance improvement could I expect...?

crawler%20005.jpg

crawler.jpg

crawler%20003.jpg

crawler%20004.jpg

Back