• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FCX24 Smasher - Crawl and Haul .

NWCT24CRAWL

Quarry Creeper
Subscribed Member
This was my second build . I’m a Ford guy and it was on sale .
I like the two speed option , fast is fun at this scale .

Changed the tires to LGRP 64mm Swamp Kings .

Injora 3.78 neg offset stamped steel , brass in front wheels only .

Replaced the rubbery steering link with Treal brass link .

Used Furitek Rampart high clearance aluminum links for the shock mounting options , flipped them upside down to lower the truck a bit . The Furitek upper links are slightly longer and angle the axle pinion upwards .

I purchased Treal shocks but was unhappy with the weak spring rates so I combined them with 48mm Power Hobby shocks . Love the travel . I’m running stiffer springs in front , lighter in rear , the truck digs in instead of doing a wheelie with this set up

Currently running the plastic locked spool in front and rear .

I purchased the high speed motor , battery and heat sink . Now it’s too fast. Lol .

I attempted to try the FMS / FCX metal transmission gears but they have fitment issues . Ended up getting the Treal set that worked perfectly.

That’s about it for this build , no extra brass at the moment , I wanted to keep it light as possible . It runs great at high speed on the beach , rips up dirt piles , trails good and does some crawling too .

Attachments

• IMG_2265.jpeg
    IMG_2265.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_2264.jpeg
    IMG_2264.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_2266.jpeg
    IMG_2266.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_2262.jpeg
    IMG_2262.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_2341.jpeg
    IMG_2341.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_2340.jpeg
    IMG_2340.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
I've looked at the Smasher several times but have never pulled the trigger on one. I like the blue one as it reminds of of the old Bigfoot which is a monster truck local to my area. I need to watch the sales and pick one up.

One of the best looking fcx24s out there "thumbsup"

X2 "thumbsup"8)

Reminds me of friend's old 1970s white Ford Hi-Boy 4x4 back in the day, good job!

...I like the blue one as it reminds of of the old Bigfoot which is a monster truck local to my area.

Thats' what I thought too, good lookers and they nailed it with the chevron style monster truck tires and wheels!

Well thank you for all the comments. As a Ford guy I had to get it . My brother had a 74 F250 HiBoy , 390 , 4speed .

You're welcome and yes same truck as my friend! Little lift, steel white spoke wheels and some nice big mud tires. :)

Back