• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Excessive body roll, GEN 8 AXE

Rmacrawler

All,

I’m pretty new to scale crawlers and recently purchased the GEN 8AXE version. One thing I’m noticing that seems odd is that the body tends to roll and tilt side to side, pretty noticeably even on the most modest cambered surface. I tried fully tightening up the suspension, thinking that I had just set it to soft but it still rolls significantly and I’m wondering if I’m giving up some of the suspension value by increasing the ride height so much. I did add the spare tire and the canopy and I know the tire added a fair amount of weight.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and come up with any solution? Clearly I want the suspension to be plush and responsive to the terrain but I don’t want the body to constantly flop over on its side while I’m driving it. Suggestions would be greatly welcomed

Has anyone else experienced this issue and come up with any solution? Clearly I want the suspension to be plush and responsive to the terrain but I don’t want the body to constantly flop over on its side while I’m driving it. Suggestions would be greatly welcomed

My suggestion is put your suspension back to where it was. Let the suspension travel. If you are going to add weight, add it low. Low COG, Center Of Gravity, is your friend. Take the spare off, and get a spare tire cover. Then run a foam under the cover. looks good and removes the weight. See how that works.

I have mine set up for lowest ride hight and use 40wt shock oil. I found the suspension much more manageable with 40wt compared to whatever was in from the factory. Shocks where very inconsistent in rtr form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawlers do that to a point there designed to flex the whole link suspension and all you can limit it though 1 keeping the weight down helps alot 2better shocks and tuning 3 anti sway bar luckly the windigo basicly the same rig has a sway bar that will fit the gen8 or you can make your own
I made my own helps alot when the front end becomes waitless

Back