• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ESC with twin motors

neillarson

RCC Addict
I have an old EMAXX that I would like to bring back to life. I would like to put 2 brushless 550 motors in it with a good ESC that can run 3S and 4S.

I have always preferred Castle or Holmes ESCs and Motors, that I have been using some Hobbywing stuff lately.

Any good recommendations.

Last edited:
You want to run dual brushless, or brushed? If brushed the hobby wing 880 is a dual motor songle esc up to 4s capable. I have ran my 3906 emaxx with a single 3670 motor 2900kv and the HW1/8 SC8WP esc and it had plenty of power. Much more and you would have to come up with a better slipper clutch.

Last edited:
x2 on the 880. Fully programmable like the WP1080 and can handle the power. I run both outputs to a single 570 on 3S in a huge heavy truck and it never even gets warm. The motor is working hard, but the ESC handles it like a boss.

20221030-115648-SM.jpg

Also, other than the Traxxas EVX I'm not aware of another dual motor specific ESC on the market anymore.

Here's another idea: Run a wp 1080 and wire the motors in series. -motor+wire-motor+

For crawlers the 2 motor setup has gone out of favor as motor tech has improved greatly and 2 motors don't really add anything to performance. I would assume the same is true for go fasts.

Back