• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

esc question!

bowsher925

Ok fellas, I am slowly building my first crawler. Technically it would be considered a "wroncho". I plan on trying to have all my components waterproof bc of the type of terrain im wanting to use it in. So if I understand some other forums correctly they do not make a brushless motor that is water proof. Sooo I am gonna have to go brushed. I am thinkin about the tekin 35T. I need some advice on what type of esc would be best and maybe some that you guys use?

For brushed usage I don't think you can beat a Holmes waterproof brxl. Match it with whatever motor of your choosing and you'll be fine. I've had good luck with both Holmes and integy 35 turn motors. The Holmes had more bottom and top end than the integy motor but at a much higher cost.

And what's you question? or you just want to get an ESC which can match with your 35T motor?

Sorry I don't have any input on which ESC you should get but speaking of Water Proofing, just in case you haven't seen this thread lots of good advice in it around waterproofing. Water Proofing Electronics

Also Ill be water proofing a Honcho soon and looked through every page of the post and found talk of 2 part epoxy at the end and its the way I think I'm going here is a link to show you what I'm talking about. CodesEmpire - How to WaterProof Your RC - Step 1: ESC

well honestly I was wanting to "waterproof" the esc. I was wanting one that is already done from the factory. And yes I plan on using a brushed 35T

Dynamite systems makes a water proof system there esc is a bit tricky to program. There brushed and brushless systems to include the motor are water proof but you can not submarine them for more then 2 minutes.

Back