• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

esc for scx-10

brasseagle6

Rock Stacker
i have a post similar to this already but gonna try here also for more ideas.

I want an esc/motor package for a scx-10:

1. under 120 total
2. i really have no clue how to solder so solder free would be a plus
3. all my battery packs have tamiya plugs

any ideas would be appreciated I like the tekin fxr

if you have a slightly used one send me a pm

the rooster is nice and soldering is easy as pie get an iron and solder wire get it hot touch the two things you want to older get them hot and add solder

the rooster is nice and soldering is easy as pie get an iron and solder wire get it hot touch the two things you want to older get them hot and add solder
If you never soldered, there is a tad bit more to it than this but it is very simple. Just tin the wires, tin the connector, then place the two together and heat again till solder goes liquid, remove heat continue to hold till it rehardens and your done. Tons of vids on youtube to show how to do it.

I was afraid of soldering too especially on the Tekin FXR. It was really easy though. Go to Tekins web sight and they have a great video that shows you how to solder. Tekin is the way to go in my book and I forget which store it is but they have the Tekin combo with 35t for $99. I am gonna run a Sidewinder in mine cuz I got it cheap and that is something else you could go with but you will need the Castle link to program it. I am pretty sure there is no soldering involved with that except adding your plug of chioce and your motor wires. Good luck"thumbsup"

i have a post similar to this already but gonna try here also for more ideas.

I want an esc/motor package for a scx-10:

1. under 120 total
2. i really have no clue how to solder so solder free would be a plus
3. all my battery packs have tamiya plugs

any ideas would be appreciated I like the tekin fxr

if you have a slightly used one send me a pm
I've got a fxr pro I'm pulling of my comp crawler that is good to go--has maybe 10 packs through it. I loved it. Its small and very easy to use. It has wires, deans, and a CC BEC all soldered in. So all you have to do is plug it in. I take $120 plus shipping for it.

I also have a 75t integy motor with wires and deans solderd on for another $25.

Let me know, I'm in NC.
Chris

+1 on the Novak Rooster.....ive got one on my AX10 and love it to death

have had no problems to date with it

Back