• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Enduro Trail Truck Builder's Kit 3

JatoTheRipper

Staff member
Element released an Enduro Trail Truck Builder's Kit 3 #40135 for $269.99.

Press release: https://img2.associatedelectrics.co...3/PressRelease_072524_40135-Builders_Kit3.pdf

Taken from the press release:

Always forward, never back. Here at Element RC we are always improving things, and this kit is no different. With added features and updated materials, the new and improved Enduro Builder’s Kit 3 is the perfect platform for any build.We’ve updated the Builder’s Kit yet again by including our GKS™ shock towers in front and rear. Our shock mount inserts provide the ability to adjust shock angle, droop, and vehicle ride height without affecting spring preload. Matched up with the shock mount inserts are our race-proven ultra-smooth Factory Team bronze shocks with black plastic bleeder caps and collars– perfect for traversing rough terrain. Along with the updated shock towers, we’ve included the GKS aluminum track bar mount that is bolted directly to the frame rails. This makes the front suspension more rigid and flex-free with a more precise steering feel. Also included are updated Factory Team 12.3 and 12.8-inch wheelbase high-clearance links with black nitrate finish and durable Factory Team steel pivot balls for smooth articulation.You get all these new features along with our forward bias motor Stealth® XF transmission with the ability to adjust the front and rear drive ratios independently across three different levels. In the box you get both the 5.7% and 11.83% overdrive gears, and available separately is a one-to-one ratio option for those who wish to drive the front and rear equally.The behind-the-axle (BTA) steering greatly improves approach angle and front-end clearance, making rough terrain much easier to handle.With all these updated features packed in one box, we know the new and improved Enduro Builder’s Kit 3 is better than ever. It’s the perfect rig for whatever adventures lie around the next corner. Your journey begins here!

40135.ps__71489.1727380927[2].jpgBK3-Top-Down_lg__65918.1727380927[1].jpg

They make a big deal about these shock towers in the press release. Any idea what's so special about them?
ERC-Bleeder-Caps_lg__60146.1727380927[1].jpg

Is it just me or does this shock bottom not look tight?
Track-Bar-Mount_lg__01017.1727380927[1].jpg

They show it with a Reedy Radon motor installed, but there is no mention of it being included in the press release.Transmission-Motor_lg__87802.1727380927[1].jpg

Attachments

• Track-Bar-Mount_lg__01017.1727380927[1].jpg
    Track-Bar-Mount_lg__01017.1727380927[1].jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 3
They make a big deal about these shock towers in the press release. Any idea what's so special about them?
They have aluminum inserts that give you a bunch of shock mounting positions. You can also pop them out to turn them around and have a slightly different assortment of mounting positions. It is similar to the setup Associated uses for the rear hubs on their 1/10 scale vehicles. They seem to think it is a big deal but it is probably one of those things where Associated thinks racers care about fine position adjustments so crawlers must care too.

As of the shocks, that is just how the bottom cap is. I think it was meant for retaining shock boots on the racing side but that idea never took off in the 1/10 scale scene.

Last edited:
Much reasonably priced for what you get (gives you plenty of options in the market) ... The factory Team shocks are nice, steel pivot balls and hexes, also like it comes with the forward facing transmission included is great ... I don't have a set of the high clearance links and TBH not all vehicles benefit from them as they sometimes leave the driveshafts exposed so I prefer the straight link sets. I would give it a try if I was in the market for a kit.

They have aluminum inserts that give you a bunch of shock mounting positions. You can also pop them out to turn them around and have a slightly different assortment of mounting positions.
I care but they still didn't give me enough up adjustability for my liking so I still make my own adapter to raise the top of the shock on one of the 2 elements in my house. Not a huge selling point for me but the aluminum threaded hole is certainly better than threading into plastic.

. The factory Team shocks are nice, steel pivot balls and hexes, also like it comes with the forward facing transmission included is great ... I don't have a set of the high clearance links and TBH not all vehicles benefit from them as they sometimes leave the driveshafts exposed so I prefer the straight link sets.
The shock top caps fit is super loose on even the FT steel pivot balls. Otherwise great shocks.

The high clearance links certainly leave the driveshaft exposed on the enduro/sendero/ifs2 project I am working on if you tighten the rod ends down to the shoulder. If you adjust link length you can get the rear axle pinion pointed up enough to get it hidden inside the link profile. I actually ended up using axial capra rod ends on the bottom and loosened the stock element uppers a thread or two at each end to get it where I needed it. The axial are slightly shorter but you could also just trim a bit off the stock element.

Maybe someday I try out the newer XF transmission. The old X works fine for what I think I am going to use this truck for and its quiet which is awesome for where I go trailing. Don't want to upset the grumpy old rich people around here.

My biggest complaint about Element is they list an MSRP and then immediately sell it for a much lower price. That's just stupid. I don't mind the lower price but why bother to list the MSRP. Just crappy marketing stuff.

They have aluminum inserts that give you a bunch of shock mounting positions. You can also pop them out to turn them around and have a slightly different assortment of mounting positions. It is similar to the setup Associated uses for the rear hubs on their 1/10 scale vehicles. They seem to think it is a big deal but it is probably one of those things where Associated thinks racers care about fine position adjustments so crawlers must care too.

As of the shocks, that is just how the bottom cap is. I think it was meant for retaining shock boots on the racing side but that idea never took off in the 1/10 scale scene.
Interesting about the mounts and the shocks. Good info. Thank you.

Much reasonably priced for what you get (gives you plenty of options in the market) ... The factory Team shocks are nice, steel pivot balls and hexes, also like it comes with the forward facing transmission included is great ... I don't have a set of the high clearance links and TBH not all vehicles benefit from them as they sometimes leave the driveshafts exposed so I prefer the straight link sets. I would give it a try if I was in the market for a kit.
Agreed. Reasonably priced and I'm tempted to get one at some point. Many other RCs I want first though.

The shock top caps fit is super loose on even the FT steel pivot balls. Otherwise great shocks.

The high clearance links certainly leave the driveshaft exposed on the enduro/sendero/ifs2 project I am working on if you tighten the rod ends down to the shoulder. If you adjust link length you can get the rear axle pinion pointed up enough to get it hidden inside the link profile. I actually ended up using axial capra rod ends on the bottom and loosened the stock element uppers a thread or two at each end to get it where I needed it. The axial are slightly shorter but you could also just trim a bit off the stock element.

Maybe someday I try out the newer XF transmission. The old X works fine for what I think I am going to use this truck for and its quiet which is awesome for where I go trailing. Don't want to upset the grumpy old rich people around here.

My biggest complaint about Element is they list an MSRP and then immediately sell it for a much lower price. That's just stupid. I don't mind the lower price but why bother to list the MSRP. Just crappy marketing stuff.
Do the shock caps ever come loose on their own?

Agreed about high clearance links. I can take them or leave them.

I also would like to try the XF transmission, but am in no hurry.

I've always wondered about that fake MSRP if a product never sells for that. Must be something else I don't understand about marketing.

The shock caps have not come loose on the bodies to my knowledge. Never had any leakage out of the top of the shock. I got just a bit of oil on one shaft of each set of all 3 sets of these shocks I have (2 silver standard, 1 FT gold but I assume they are close enough dimensionally to be the same thing) after the first couple of drives. I chalk it up to me overfilling one slightly. After I wipe it away it never comes back and the shocks do not have too big of an air gap as I do not hear the squish-squish noise at bottom out on any of them after they are cycled a time or two.

I only have 1 truck with high clearance links. So no idea if I'd have the driveshaft peaking out issue on the others. This was my test to see if it would be a good upgrade on my other trucks. Haven't tested enough yet.

I like the Element platform, but the only difference I see between the Builder's kit 3 and Builder's kit 2 are the following

1. XF Transmission instead of X
2. Metal pivot balls instead of delrin
3. Bleeder shock caps

Everything else seems to be the same a Builder's kit 2?

I missed they updated to the bleeder caps. could take it or leave it.

4. two (2) sets of rear links to give 12.3 or 12.8 wheelbase

5. battery tray moved to behind transmission due to front mounted motor on xf transmission

I’d like to see in person the XF especially if it had the same bolt pattern or get a delrin skid to go with it.

Honestly I’d like them to come out with a rc10sc7.0

I’d like to see in person the XF especially if it had the same bolt pattern or get a delrin skid to go with it.

Honestly I’d like them to come out with a rc10sc7.0

No go for you. XF is built into the skid. To tell you the truth I like the regular X better. The XF does help with COG placement of the motor, but it's a little louder and it forces you to put the battery tray in the rear. I guess if you run tiny batteries, then it's not much of an issue.

Nice evolution of the basic kit. Not every release needs to be a complete revamp. Nothing wrong with adding a few more features to what is already a pretty dang good platform.

I just wheeled with the XF trans for the first time. I had a Samix battery tray up front, I had to hack it up a bit to fit the motor but still plenty of room for the 1500 packs. Did great, loving the new setup.
20240825-122756-SM.jpg

Nice evolution of the basic kit. Not every release needs to be a complete revamp. Nothing wrong with adding a few more features to what is already a pretty dang good platform.

I just wheeled with the XF trans for the first time. I had a Samix battery tray up front, I had to hack it up a bit to fit the motor but still plenty of room for the 1500 packs. Did great, loving the new setup.
20240825-122756-SM.jpg
True, I was initially not a big fan of this release because it really does nothing new; every part already exists as 'upgrades' or can find on their existing kits.

But after rethinking it, it offers a solid platform with little that needs to be changed out immediately. Shocks, axles, and transmission are proven to be strong. The performance and design are solid.

That said at this price point, 30 dollars more yields a VS410 builders kit while heavier has an edge with transmission, chassis, and axles being excellent to build and upgrade.

20240825-122756-SM.jpg
Seems way more that a 60/40 f/r even with the 1500’s.

Back