• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Element IFS show truck build

1BadJeepBruiser

Sinking with the ship
Staff member
Admin
El Capitan...sole survivor and sinking fast
Lately I have been reliving my youth of reading Petersons 4wheeler magazine and all the badass old school show trucks. Ive been wanting to do an IFS build so I scooped an Element Trail Runner slider off ebay from a part out. I then scooped up some 1.7 Weld Scorpios from Engin Saracci on FB, an RC4WD Xtra cab body set and got to work mocking it up with some RC4WD thornbirds...cause nothing says useless show truck build like some thornbirds

red7-jpg.42418

red8-jpg.42419

RC4wd then came out with their TEQ line of SCX10 II based axles, so naturally I had to scoop a rear axle for this

red9-jpg.42420

Fast forward I seen a really nice painted k5 on one of the instagram accounts I follow posted and the user tagged Purpmart as the dude who did the paint and body work. I sent him a message and came up with a pain scheme based off this rad AF old show truck

red6-jpg.42421

red5-jpg.42422

I mailed Purpmart a body set, told him to mold the cab back wall, close the mounting holes for the bed, and shave the posts from the bed and add a bed wall for a clean look when tilting the bed.

I receieved the body back yesterday and he completely nailed the look, so much so I stuck a grill in it and tapped the bed and cab together so I could snap a few pics.

red2-jpg.42424

red3-jpg.42425

painted with the same red from my 1997 Tacoma I had, there is something to be said for a true automotive grade paint job

red1-jpg.42426

It just really makes those Welds pop

red4-jpg.42427

Soooo now the mad dash begins...can I have this done for USTE this February?? Guess we will see!

This is so killer!!! I had a '84 regular cab SR5, and my best friend had an '86 regular cab but had Thornbirds on his!! Bringing back memories!

Back