• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Earthquake 8E ESC Redcat

VikingCrawler

Hey, so I got a used Redcat Earthquake 8E off Ebay for about $100.
The truck is missing the ESC, so I will need to replace it!
My dilemma is can I just use any 80 Amp ESC for this model of RC truck?
If I look on Redcat Racing.com its $ 160 for a new one, but if I just Google I can find some for $50.
$ 160 Hobbywing 80A Brushless Speed Controller on Redcat Racing.
HW-WP-SC8-RTR | Redcat Racing
$ 50 Ezrun Splash Proof - Hobbywing ESC – HOBBYWING North America.
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ezrun-wp-60a-80a-sl-esc?variant=214141370
I just feel like if I am going to spend $ 160 why not just upgrade the ESC & Motor with some of the “Castle Mamba” stuff!

Last edited:
The 80A ESC should be plenty.

The black text makes you post VERY difficult to read.

If the Earthquake 8E is running on two batterys in the truck at the same time how is the two batterys wiared to the ESC?
Hey RCDood I see your in Norway, where do you live in Norway, I lived in Stavanger for like 10 15 years!

Im sure you can find a more local dealer for it :) Was just so you coud see it.
It seems like a dual battery setup from what little i know about the rc.

Im from Bergen, im guessing you know where it is if you lived in stavanger all that time :)

Hey all, so I finely got my Earthquake 8E!
And it turns out the ESC was still in the truck, I was moving the ESC leads to the other channels on the receiver and the motor turns but the speed of the truck is faster in reverse speed.
I know about the low voltage cutoff, I did not try programming the ESC! In addition, I did find out about reversing the ESC or motor, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nNQozMb4D0
So my Question, about the ESC is, if your ESC is bad will it just stop working is or can it have other Symptoms like sometimes it works and sometimes it will not work or due other random Symptoms occur just at random if it’s bad?
However, the color of the ESC wirers and motor are color matched and plugged in red on red blue on blue, ETC!
I ask because the truck is used off Ebay and the seller said the ESC needed to be replaced!

Back