• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

dx3c radio

Lyle11jk

I have my winch programmed to aux A on my dx3c radio and when ever I turn it on the winch spools in and stops, I have played around with the end points and have had no luck, has anyone had this problem or any ideas why it's doing it?

Thanks.

My DX3c does some odd things too, but I'm running a HeyOK servo winch w/built in 3P controller. After I first installed it, when spooling in, it would randomly pause for a second, completely randomly. It would also spool in for a second or two when first turned on, also completely randomly. I worked around the first problem by running the rope the other direction, so now it randomly pauses when spooling out. Haven't worked through the 2nd, but at least now it spools out when turned on, rather than in, potentially ripping itself or the bumper off its mounts.
In not so many words, it's not limited to one particular winch.

I have my winch programmed to aux A on my dx3c radio and when ever I turn it on the winch spools in and stops, I have played around with the end points and have had no luck, has anyone had this problem or any ideas why it's doing it?

Thanks.

You made sure that your switch setting is 3 position right?

This might be of some help...
I got an HeyOK light controller in 2013 and had all sorts of trouble getting it to work with my DX3C and the receiver that came with it. I got disco lights instead of brake lights and reverse lights. Al helped me a lot, even sent another light controller in case this was the problem. I also had glitches when driving with more than 3-4 other people. Also had a poor range. I bought one of those orange receivers that cost around 10$. Problem mostly solved. Lights are not perfect but are working well. Glitches are gone and i now have enough range to drive my truck so far i can't see it anymore.

I'm also using a HeyOK winch controller and this works absolutely perfectly. I had to mess a bit with the travel settings thought. Aux travel is set to 150% on my DX3C. Can't remember why i did this but i think it was because the controller did not engage properly with 100% travel.

I keep thinking of switching to another radio (Futaba?) but don't feel like spending big bucks on that yet.

Hope this helps

ok another silly question again, are you turning your radio on last i.e after you have turned the rig on and the rx is powered waiting for the tx signal? sometimes that can cause some momentary odd behaviour with any electronics when the signal appears and can briefly be misenterpreted by the controller as a signal to do something until it sees its a valid neutral point signal.

tony

thinking about it if the signal is fluctuating a bit on power up maybe it could just be the aux channel, just for the heck of it try plugging the controller into the steering channel making sure trims/subtrim is zeroed and see if it still behaves in the same manner on power up with that channel.

tony

ok its not always the radio, ive also made countless light switchers and winch controllers that to date have NEVER had any issues with the cheaper spektrum radios or even the super budget chinese radios and thats purely down to how much time i spend debugging code and making sure that the units do not do any action unless the user is asking it to, the rc4wd controllers of all types whether it was the bulldog controllers or even the newer warn controllers seem to be plagued by periodic problems of all sorts often because the manufacturers want to get a new awesome product out straight away.

thats just my view but thats just based on the fact that i have never in all the time i have been doing this ( almost 3 years ) ever had an item returned or customer get back in touch with me saying they are having issues with the item not working correctly with xx radio or not responding correctly to a channel now and again, hence why i suggested to the O.P just to plug it into an alternate channel which would for sure indicate if the problem was indeed with the aux (which yes now and again does end up being the main culprit) or if the controller itself was at fault.

im not posting this response to completely disagree with you al but its often too easy to just say the radio is 100% at fault when it maybe indeed is down to the controller itself.

tony

Orange receivers are DSM2 instead of standard DSM like the stock receiver. This helps to a point but i was not impressed when i returned to RC after a 10 years break and discovering my shiny new DX3C had less range than a 1987 low-end Futaba AM radio...

ok its not always the radio, ive also made countless light switchers and winch controllers that to date have NEVER had any issues with the cheaper spektrum radios or even the super budget chinese radios and thats purely down to how much time i spend debugging code and making sure that the units do not do any action unless the user is asking it to, the rc4wd controllers of all types whether it was the bulldog controllers or even the newer warn controllers seem to be plagued by periodic problems of all sorts often because the manufacturers want to get a new awesome product out straight away.

thats just my view but thats just based on the fact that i have never in all the time i have been doing this ( almost 3 years ) ever had an item returned or customer get back in touch with me saying they are having issues with the item not working correctly with xx radio or not responding correctly to a channel now and again, hence why i suggested to the O.P just to plug it into an alternate channel which would for sure indicate if the problem was indeed with the aux (which yes now and again does end up being the main culprit) or if the controller itself was at fault.

im not posting this response to completely disagree with you al but its often too easy to just say the radio is 100% at fault when it maybe indeed is down to the controller itself.

tony
I have to step back because after reviewing things, it really sounds as though the OP was turning on the transmitter last. If that's the case, there is really no telling what the winch will do.

Guys, try and have the transmitter on before powering up your rig!

As for Tony, I'm not trying to create a bunch of drama or compare your long years of experience with this stuff.

al i completely understand, i was also just trying to highlight that regardless of what it may seem like the problem is we still should try and troubleshoot via every possible option or solution before we send the O.P off to splash out on a newer radio and hope that solves the issue "thumbsup"

I have to step back because after reviewing things, it really sounds as though the OP was turning on the transmitter last. If that's the case, there is really no telling what the winch will do.

Guys, try and have the transmitter on before powering up your rig!

As for Tony, I'm not trying to create a bunch of drama or compare your long years of experience with this stuff.

transmitter is always turned on first.,

Back