• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Driveshaft - Suggestions please

tieler

My stock drive shaft on my Axial SCX-10 broke, I'd like to replace them with metal ones, but don't know where to start ? I'm new at this so links to site where I can purchase them would be great!

I'm using power racing, but most will say MIP, and Junfac. Both them are well known(not so much the ones i bought). You also need to say what your wheelbase is since the honco is longer and there are differences in shaft lengths with some of the manfacturers.... welcome.

I've had the Junfacs Stainless driveshafts on my AX10 for about a year. I did manage to snap one pin right in half. Since i have the joints double layered in shrinkwrap I didn't even notice right away cause the pieces were contained and it continued to function, so I'm not exactly sure what I did to break it.

The junfacs are slightly smaller diameter than the stock driveshafts so you can a little clearance.

My only complaint is that it seems darn near impossible to keep the setscrews tight enough so that they don't fall off of the trans output and axle pinion. I red loc tite them, reef on em as much as I dare, let it cure over night, and the blasted thing will still come off in a couple of hours crawl time.

The way to fix it is to drill and tap the yokes to take a larger 4mm setscrew, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Back