• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dravpnir tries to build something Mini Unlimited

Dravpnir

DravTech
I have been saving parts since I saw MRCrackhead's Mini Super thread.

Today I managed to make some shortened axle tubes, so I guess this project has started officially then :)

The C-hubs are some Chinese brand ones which splines do not match, so you get different caster on the same axle... But as I got no splines on the shortened tubes they will work fine.

I need to see if they work like this, otherwise I got 2 pairs of axle tubes left for a second try.

DSC04603.jpg

I also got a bunch of Exceed parts to make up the rest of the axles. I got some plastic gears somewhere too. I was thinking of running metal large gears in the front and plastic ones in the rear.

DSC04606.jpg

For shafts I will use some OFNA shafts that I need to figure something out how to connect them to the Exceed locker or a standard Berg locker. Reason I went with OFNA shafts is because I got 2 extra pairs of Dlux delrin knuckles after upgrading to aluminum ones on my super.
Wonder were I put the 4th shaft and the knuckle arms... :?:

DSC04605.jpg

For the chassis I will make something out of a SuDu Pro, perhaps like Hitman did.

I got no date when I am going to finish this, so do not expect it to be a fast build.

cant wait to see what you make out off these parts..
will follow this build closely,,
I have something like this on the "to do list" myself!!
I have a great feeling about a small super..

cant wait to see what you make out off these parts..
will follow this build closely,,
I have something like this on the "to do list" myself!!
I have a great feeling about a small super..

Thanks "thumbsup"
Yes, they look like a lot of fun :)

Sounds like a cool build, Pictures don't work for me.

You had the same problem with the pictures in the Super SuDu thread too, right? I do not know what it is I am sorry to say.

Do anyone else have problems seeing my pictures?

You had the same problem with the pictures in the Super SuDu thread too, right? I do not know what it is I am sorry to say.

Do anyone else have problems seeing my pictures?

Nope can see them all - thankfully too because I got the same cases at home and been wondering what to do with them :mrgreen:

What are those hubs for that are non 8* and have splines?

I think I will be a bit disappointed if you dont make a custom chassis! Not that its fair to put pressure on you but... you are such a great innovator that it would be a shame not to use your ideas to further this class. If its a problem with being 1 off and cost... let me know and I can see if I can help.

Nope can see them all - thankfully too because I got the same cases at home and been wondering what to do with them :mrgreen:

Start building "thumbsup"

What are those hubs for that are non 8* and have splines?

Those are actually normal 8* chubs for wraith/xr10. They are from TopCad I think the company is called.

I think I will be a bit disappointed if you dont make a custom chassis! Not that its fair to put pressure on you but... you are such a great innovator that it would be a shame not to use your ideas to further this class.

Soooo... you mean I have to draw up a SuDu SuperZero? Thanks! I think... well let see what I can think out and got time to :)

If its a problem with being 1 off and cost... let me know and I can see if I can help.

Hmm... I might have to pick you up on that offer then 8)

Back