• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Does anybody make a rattle can paint the color of my Jeep?

I just bought a Proline Cherokee body and want to paint it to match my real Jeep XJ. Does anybody make a gold/champagne color like this? (See pic) I need a rattle can. No airbrush.

Last edited:
try your local Jeep dealership. I know at mine I can get the factory color of my 98 TJ.

Definately hit the dealership, Mopar spray can touch up makes a fantastic lexan paint! Just scuff the lexan with some 1000+ grit sandpaper, clean it up, then shoot as suggested on the can. It bonds nicely to the lexan and will put up with any hit the body might take, only time I've seen the paint come off is when the lexan starts to tear from abuse on my E-Revo!

Last edited:
The above stock, E-Revo body and my XJ are in Moss Green and I also shot one of the Proline 3.3 Revo bodies (I think it was called Hardrive) in the Crystal Black metallic my folk's '06 Town & Country is painted.

If that black looks familiar, it's also happens to be the same paint as what the SRT-8 Challenger driven by LL Cool J's character "Sam Hanna" on NCIS: Los Angeles is painted"thumbsup"

a lot of the older model year colors are obsolete at the dealerships, I work for one. Duplicolor makes automotive paint "matching" dealer colors. you can find em at oreillys and other local parts houses.

After looking into it more, the PS52 is very gold. And I'm trying to steer away from having to use any primers or adhesion promoters. I did read a thread on some other RC forum that this guy recommends using automotive vinyl and fabric paint. Has anybody ever tried this?

This is 3 coats of PS-52 backed with black.

It's actually slightly more gold than this.

Tamiya paint # 89973 Light sand metallic. Would be closest I can think of.

It was a limited edition so check eBay first for it.

--Dan

Last edited:
well i don't really know, I'm just guessing, but getting paint from your local jeep dealership sounds expensive and kinda annoying, so i had a look at the tamiya ps colours, tamiya PS-52 looks remarkably similar, so i would go with that. just imo.

Actually,ast I bought from a dealer, the price wasn't bad for how much you got. I've seen specialty Tamiya lexan paints retail for stupid money though. They have a metallic black in their normal size can that sells for $14-$15 a can:shock:

Back