• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Do Ascenders come with sealed bearings

Axial n00b

Hello, i recently just bought the f100 Ascender and i was wondering if they come with sealed bearing from the factory:?:

Last edited:
I'd call them water resistant, it's very difficult to keep all water out of a bearing like this, should be fine for some water use, I don't submarine any of my RC. The worst bearings are metal shielded and used to be all we could get for rc and they cost a lot at that time, therefore I consider rubber sealed bearings a great improvement. They keep out most of the dirt, dust, crud and water, but eventually they all get very fine grit inside them and wear out. Replacements are usually only $1 each so not a big money, but requires maintenance.
https://www.avidrc.com/

As a precaution, carefully pry one of the seals off using a pointed X-Acto knife blade, pack the bearing with marine grease and re-install the seals. I've done this and it's fairly easy, just don't cut or bend the rubber seal (it has thin steel ring molded in to help keeps it's shape) when prying it off.

Last edited:
Back