• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

dig question

bonosxr

Just posted this in the wrong spot so sorry in advance lol ive got an xr with novaks "the dig" dig unit with a traxxas 4 ch remote with a 3 position toggle. I've gotten a second esc already so is there any reason that it wouldn't work? I took it to my local hobby shop and they said I need another remote....any help is greatly appreciated!

Are you trying to get the M2 Dig ESC working....or, get it working with a 2nd ESC?

I never liked the M2 Dig I had in my XR-10, went to dual ESC's on a hacked GT3B, much better.

You can try out the M2 Dig, I believe your radio will be fine. I don't believe the Traxxas radio does dual ESC mixing (what TX exactly is it that you have?) which is not much better than the M2 Dig by itself.

Are you trying to get the M2 Dig ESC working....or, get it working with a 2nd ESC?

I never liked the M2 Dig I had in my XR-10, went to dual ESC's on a hacked GT3B, much better.

You can try out the M2 Dig, I believe your radio will be fine. I don't believe the Traxxas radio does dual ESC mixing (what TX exactly is it that you have?) which is not much better than the M2 Dig by itself.

go for the hacked GT3B or C. upto 6 channels with mixing, you could run dig and 4ws plus a few winches :D

go for the hacked GT3B or C. upto 6 channels with mixing, you could run dig and 4ws plus a few winches :D

8 channels if I am not mistaken (with firmware v061), either way can't go wrong with this setup.

For the record I like the GT3C much better, nicer looks, more compact setup and the pin header is so much easier to install than that of the GT3B with less modifications to the case. Adding the different power switch isn't a big pain either.

Currently I am running dual ESC's. And it isn't an M2 its called "the dig"
Apologies, sounded like you have a "Novak M2 dig" (sorta dual ESC's & dig in one box), not a "Novak dig unit".:roll:

A radio with a 3 position toggle 3rd or 4th channel should work fine with the dig unit.8)

Currently I am running dual escs. And it isnt an m2 its called "the dig"
I might be mistaken, but its a bit confusing with the novak stuff. The M2 is the dual motr esc, with built in dig. "the dig" is a seperate unit, that's run in conjunction with another esc, that acts as just dig. I've had both, several times over, & still get this back-asswards sometimes!
:oops:

Back