• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Diff pinion help

BeeRC

Quarry Creeper
Hopefully someone can let me know what diff pinions they’ve found or may know of from other trucks that will work in the old X-Factor axle diffs. I’ve have a brand new complete pair of these axles for years that I’m finally going to use in a new, large scale build. Unfortunately the diff pinions are missing from them so I’m up a creek and can’t use these axles unless someone on the forum could possibly give me some help with this. Information on these pinions seems to be non-existent. I’ve spoken with a number of very experienced, competent and knowledgeable individuals and dealers about this and they can’t find a source for these or even any information anywhere either. I’ve found sources for the correct owners manuals but they don’t include part numbers so as far as I can tell there is no source for a parts listing or even an exploded view, at least not that I can find. Even just getting their part number would help me in my search! There are some new ones for sale on eBay, that are still in their unopened bags that are listed as “X-Factor “1/8” Differential Pinion Gears” that have the part number on the cardboard tags but the sellers tell me they have no idea which XTM truck or trucks they’re for so they just tell me I’d be taking a chance or it would be my gamble if I were to buy them!! ����*♂️
If I could just get the correct part number for the ones I need, I could at least compare it to the ones on eBay to see if they have the same part number.

Sorry this was so long. I’m just at a loss as to what to do about this. I’ve been searching everywhere for them that I can possibly think of on and off for several months now with no luck. It would be a shame to see these brand new, big rare axles sitting on a shelf collecting dust and never get used.

Last edited:
Is this for the XTM X-Factor Nitro truck? If so, I might be able to track you down a pinion part number.

Yes, that’s right. I’ll keep my fingers crossed! Thank you!!

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I do have a new pair of the first pinions you referred me to but I don’t know if they’re the correct ones or not. I contacted the seller about the other ones you gave me the link to for the XTM Mammoth. He actually orders them directly from the original manufacturer so if the one he has on eBay isn’t the right one, I asked him if he could give me the correct part number or even get a pair of the correct ones for me. I’ll let you know what I find out whenever he gets back to me. Thanks again for your help with this!! I really appreciate it!!!

Back