• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Deceleration/Braking when let off Throttle

Reverse started to go away really slowly and eventually diminished completely. This was then followed by immediate breaking when letting off the throttle. I have installed a Hobbywing Quikrun ESC and a BEC with a Trailmaster 540 motor. Any help is appreciated.

Reverse started to go away really slowly and eventually diminished completely. This was then followed by immediate breaking when letting off the throttle. I have installed a Hobbywing Quikrun ESC and a BEC with a Trailmaster 540 motor. Any help is appreciated.

It sounds like you need to program that Hobbywing. You can set the drag brake, reverse options, etc.

How long have you run that motor? I ask because a Bomber or Wraith can easily burn up a standard 540 sized motor.

Check your trims, maybe you've been slowly hitting the throttle trim on accident?

Also dont you want a drag brake? its pretty standard to have a drag brake in a crawler, though maybe you're just bashing.

The motor is fairly new. Maybe ran for about 10 charges of battery since install. I programmed it once when I installed the ESC before. Its just weird that the reverse now does not work anymore and it immediately hits the brakes so hard it almost lifts the rear end. I guess I can try to re-program the ESC and see what happens. Not sure how it would have gotten off program..

Back