• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Crawler with front and rear dig

I'm a little new to the idea of crawling, but I know I want digs. As many of them as possible, which I believe to be 2!

As most seller web sites are less than ideal for working out full specs, could you lovely folks let me know what is available at the moment with front/rear dig or front/rear diff lock-unlock, whichever way you think of it.

Many thanks.

Front dig, rear burn...

This is pretty much standard on any MOA rig, but it is a little tricky to set up on an axle rig, but not impossible. Likely the easiest way to put this in a shafty rig is to use a Losi Comp Crawler transmission, which is already set up for it.

Traxxas trx-4 lock/unlock able diffs front/rear and 2-speed. Option for a Scale-crawler

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk

I reversed the diff-unlocking servos, I love it.

It goes rear locked (left position), all locked (center) and front locked (right).

I don't miss all unlocked at all. Rear locked gives me close to no difference in turning radius from all unlocked.

Also, I'm running a HobbyWing Quicrun 1080 w/ a Hobbies Holmes Trialmaster Sport 550 21T. High gear w/ rear locked is a blast. Rear end kicks out like my Rocket Bunny FRS.

I'm a little new to the idea of crawling, but I know I want digs. As many of them as possible, which I believe to be 2!

As most seller web sites are less than ideal for working out full specs, could you lovely folks let me know what is available at the moment with front/rear dig or front/rear diff lock-unlock, whichever way you think of it.

Many thanks.

I'm not sure with the way you worded it, but dig is different than diff lock. dig is engaging the front or rear axle and locking the other, so that only one axle spins at a time. and locking diffs are selecting power to one or both tires on each axle.

The only current production vehicle that has locking diffs, is the Traxxas TRX-4, but it doesn't have dig. Like greatscott said, the losi comp crawler is setup for dig, but I believe it's only a front dig.

No shaft driven vehicle has a front AND rear dig setup that I know of, only MOA crawlers, which can be done with two separate ESC's for the front and rear axles.

If I'm reading that wrong, and you want Dig AND lockers, the only truck that ever fit that description is the Venom Creeper, which was discontinued years ago after the manufacturing warehouse burnt down.

Last edited:
if your running a shaft driven truck the dig option that is best is the Vanquish Products dig. RC4WD use to have a dual dig trans, but that was a lonnnng time ago.

RC Accessories - Axial SCX10 Parts - Hurtz Dig - Vanquish Products

i would suggest reading a lot before just throwing the question out there. it has usually been answered. look at the other builds and see how its being set up.

if you want to comp in the 2.2S class you cant use dig, but i think this is just for fun for you.

Like greatscott said, the losi comp crawler is setup for dig, but I believe it's only a front dig.

No shaft driven vehicle has a front AND rear dig setup that I know of

Losi has front and rear. And a MOA can do it with two small micro switches and a servo or a Punk RC dig box.

Last edited:
Losi has front and rear. And a MOA can do it with two small micro switches and a servo or a Punk RC dig box.

I didn't know the losi could do front or rear. I guess I need to read up on that forum more :D i did mention moa though. Is anyone still using the punk or microswitches anymore? It's so much easier to just run dual esc's these days.

Back