• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

CR-01 Unimog Almost 41% Price Increase? Seriously?

Axial Rose

Quarry Creeper

Hey folks,

A couple months ago, or less, I was looking at Tower Hobbies website and their Tamiya Unimog (CR-01) was about $360

I realize TH was purchased by Horizon Hobbies but - why did the price of this kit skyrocket by almost 41%?

• That kit is listed now for $507.20!

I'm baffled - always wanted one of those - not any more
:(

Why did this happen?

Thanks - crawl often

They eliminated discounts and raised prices all in one Fell Swoop.

They still allow nice discounts - I just got $38 off a $250 order

Is this all to do with Tower or is it partly from the MAP thing?

Someone told me (after I posted the question in the original post) it has something to do with the MAP thing - however, hobbyking has them for $365 (or so)

They still allow nice discounts - I just got $38 off a $250 order

Huh. The way I read the notice, the MAP pricing would not allow discounts similar to what Axial and Traxxas has done, but you can indeed still use the coupons on Tamiya apparently. I stand corrected.

Huh. The way I read the notice, the MAP pricing would not allow discounts similar to what Axial and Traxxas has done, but you can indeed still use the coupons on Tamiya apparently. I stand corrected.

I read on Facebook that coupons have been axed as well, but I haven't seen any proof of that. Then I read it was just the semis. I haven't seen a "no coupons" note on those listings either. And this MAP policy went into effect on June 1 so I think it was just an internet rumor.

The Tower coupons help make Tamiya more attractive than everywhere else, but the pricing increase still made me lose interest in a lot of their kits that I've had my eye on.

You will enjoy the cr01 . I recently picked one up and really enjoy tinkering with it. I seem to drive it more than my bomber and scx10 or hpi stuff.

It's going to be some time before the Tamiya MAP policy gets settled throughout all sellers.

If you want one and see a good deal, now is definitely the time to buy - waiting is likely to hit your pocketbook hard.

I'm still seeing many Tamiyas on fleaBay and certain retailers with zero change in pricing at this time.

Back