• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Converting an Axial SCX10 to a selectable 2WD / 4WD transmission.

Spidernad

Quarry Creeper
Converting an Axial SCX10 to a selectable 2WD / 4WD transmission using an RC4WD R2 Dig transmission.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YnXNO1tZVF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has anyone done this same idea using a VP Dig unit ? I just started a build and was going for this same effect.

I don't know if it's been done with the VP Dig but I'm sure I've seen it done with older dig units... it could be done with the VP.

Has anyone done this same idea using a VP Dig unit ? I just started a build and was going for this same effect.

I wasn't aware of that unit. I just looked into it, looks like a strong unit, but it looks like if you turn the trans around the servo would be pretty far forward, I don't think it would clear the electronics box unless you moved that out to another place or did away with it all together.

any ever thought of taking the wraith transmission and adding the dig unit and the turning the transmission around??
so then you would have 4x4,4x2, and line lock on front wheels.. hmmm burn out idea??? lol.

any ever thought of taking the wraith transmission and adding the dig unit and the turning the transmission around??
so then you would have 4x4,4x2, and line lock on front wheels.. hmmm burn out idea??? lol.

I tried that on my Honcho. The distance between the dig output and the front diff is really short. This made front shaft line angle too steep which caused the front drive to bind up. I was going to try modifying the drive shafts to help with the binding, but I got distracted by an Exo Terra and haven't gotten back to make the Wraith transmission in the Honcho.

Back