• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Clodbuster Wheel and Tire Alternatives

DGordon13

I'm working on a custom build monster truck. I like the clod wheel/tire combo, but if I can find a cheaper alternative, I'm game for that. I have seen the ProLine Brawler/Destroyer combo and might go that route if I can't find something else. I like some Imex products, but the website doesn't list specs. Any advice or suggestions?

I think the pro-line tire and wheel combo is gonna be the least expensive... Unless you find a full set of stock clod wheels and tires on eBay that is another alternative.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

They're not bad, no worse than the Maxx tires and RPM Rims I had on it before. I can take my stretched Wheely King to work tomorrow to see what the weight of that combo is, they do have some great grip for what little I've driven the truck.

They're not bad, no worse than the Maxx tires and RPM Rims I had on it before. I can take my stretched Wheely King to work tomorrow to see what the weight of that combo is, they do have some great grip for what little I've driven the truck.

If you can do that for me I'll greatly appreciate it!

Ok, I've got today off, but will be stopping by work to get some stuff for my Vaterra, I can borrow the scale while there.

I ordered PL Brawlers cuz these damn Tamiya wheels kept breaking. Go with the PL Brawlers if its not too late yet?

Arrma can eat dogcrap!

I ordered PL Brawlers cuz these damn Tamiya wheels kept breaking. Go with the PL Brawlers if its not too late yet?

Arrma can eat dogcrap!

I ended up finding a good deal on a Brawler/Destroyer set. I'm happy with the purchase. I am still building the truck so I haven't road tested them yet.

im running the same setup the 17.5mm offset ones tho. so far 3s brushless is not an issue, even with wideners on. i did however bend the outer shaft that holds the wheel on one day.

only con about the proline wheels is that i had to convert to a screwdriver with a 8mm end skinny enough to fit down the tunnel to bolt the wheels on.

yea thats what i meant. because if you use a socket it will forever be stuck in the plastic tunnel were you bolt the wheels on.

You must have been using non-flanged nuts. I don't have that problem using socket ratchet.

Back